Sponsored

Alton's 2017 Race Red GT350 (SICK shots)

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Quick update. Car is still at Ford and has been there since October 27th. This situation has been a total disaster for me.

The dealer suspected that my surging issue was related to the intake connection to the throttle body being loose. For some reason this clamp came a loose even though no one has ever touched it in the car. So they tightened the clamp and couldn't reproduce the surging issues / revs climbing issue anymore.

With that being fixed, they proceeded to diagnose the 5th gear issue. Over the past month that the car has been there, they've only tightened that clamp to the throttle body. That's pretty much it. Other than that, they stated that their engineer told them to rebuild the transmission to get 5th gear back working. Tuesday I hit them back up asking if I'd have the car back for thanksgiving and they told me they aren't able to rebuild the transmission because there are no parts available to order from Ford. So they had to overnight a new transmission.

So now the car is getting a brand new transmission at 28k miles, and hopefully they're able to get it taken care of before tomorrow (Thanksgiving).

I hope I never have another problem with this car, because I really don't know if I have the patience to deal with the car sitting in the shop another month with nothing being done to it. I'm happy I'm getting a new transmission but overall frustrated that it took 3 weeks for something that should have and could have been determined in one day.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Quick update. Car is still at Ford and has been there since October 27th. This situation has been a total disaster for me.

The dealer suspected that my surging issue was related to the intake connection to the throttle body being loose. For some reason this clamp came a loose even though no one has ever touched it in the car. So they tightened the clamp and couldn't reproduce the surging issues / revs climbing issue anymore.

With that being fixed, they proceeded to diagnose the 5th gear issue. Over the past month that the car has been there, they've only tightened that clamp to the throttle body. That's pretty much it. Other than that, they stated that their engineer told them to rebuild the transmission to get 5th gear back working. Tuesday I hit them back up asking if I'd have the car back for thanksgiving and they told me they aren't able to rebuild the transmission because there are no parts available to order from Ford. So they had to overnight a new transmission.

So now the car is getting a brand new transmission at 28k miles, and hopefully they're able to get it taken care of before tomorrow (Thanksgiving).

I hope I never have another problem with this car, because I really don't know if I have the patience to deal with the car sitting in the shop another month with nothing being done to it. I'm happy I'm getting a new transmission but overall frustrated that it took 3 weeks for something that should have and could have been determined in one day.
Sorry to hear that Alton... My experience with Ford Dealerships vary... some are very Performance division saavy.. others just give me a blank stare when I start talking about mods or anything beyond normal maintenance. You almost have to ride them weekly to make sure progress is being made. This is my biggest concern with making the jump from GT to GT350. I have heard of oil consumption problems (I'm talking about massive amounts), engines being replaced etc.... I just called on a used 2017 in Missouri which was priced very low (under 50) and found out it was a buy back from California and had a new engine put it. I'm not saying that when you replace a major part in a car that it is a terrible situation, but it is unsettling.... Hope everything works out for you. Have a good Thanksgiving.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Sorry to hear that Alton... My experience with Ford Dealerships vary... some are very Performance division saavy.. others just give me a blank stare when I start talking about mods or anything beyond normal maintenance. You almost have to ride them weekly to make sure progress is being made. This is my biggest concern with making the jump from GT to GT350. I have heard of oil consumption problems (I'm talking about massive amounts), engines being replaced etc.... I just called on a used 2017 in Missouri which was priced very low (sub 50) it was a buy back from California and had a new engine put it. I'm not saying that when you replace a major part in a car that it is a terrible situation, but it is unsettling....
Thanks man and it's very unsettling. I'm in the Ford GT350 Owners group on Facebook and every week someone is getting their car towed and saying "Didn't think I'd be one of y'all but here I am with the same issues." It's a bit terrifying.

Luckily I haven't had any issues with oil per (from what I know at least), but I did have 5 warranty-related claims in the year I've owned it, which is way too much for me. One of the reasons I didn't want to modify this car heavily was because I wasn't in the mood to be making weekly trips to the dealership or mechanic shops trying to get the car fixed. I guess I couldn't run away from that even with a stock GT350.

I love this car a lot man but the issues that come along with it are extremely frustrating. My intentions on getting the car back in October 2016 was to take it to the track and have a ton of fun in it, practice good driving habits (shifting, that is) on the track, etc. Haven't been able to do that since I got the car.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wow, that wicked sucks Alton.
I hope you get your back back soon and I hope it's issue free after that! Good luck man.

Sponsored

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Finally got the car back with a new transmission and of course I couldn't help but try getting in a photoshoot right afterwards. The car is feeling excellent and I'm hoping it stays this way for many more tens of thousands of miles.

38735689721_38ce17f145_k.jpg

38703919132_399ee699e5_k.jpg

38703920572_8368527402_k.jpg

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
At the rate things have been going, I decided to buy a ZL1 Tow Hook. Can't wait to get it installed. No more confused and whiny tow truck drivers having to get on the ground.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Looks Fantastic as always Alton! Your pictures are simply amazing! I hope your issues have been resolved and everything is smooth from here. I am actually contemplating trading up before spring as I have seen a couple of used 2017's on the market that look good to me. Keep us posted on the status from here out.
By the way, are those the Project 6gr GT350 replica wheels?

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Still looks killer Alton.
Good luck, I hope it's fixed for good as well. Enjoy.
Thanks a lot man I really appreciate it!!

Looks Fantastic as always Alton! Your pictures are simply amazing! I hope your issues have been resolved and everything is smooth from here. I am actually contemplating trading up before spring as I have seen a couple of used 2017's on the market that look good to me. Keep us posted on the status from here out.
By the way, are those the Project 6gr GT350 replica wheels?
Thanks so much man! Hope the issues are gone so I can finally get back to a car I enjoy driving as well! These are indeed the Project 6GR wheels! I love them!

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Been a long time since I've posted here. I can't even figure out where to start when it comes to going back and grabbing pictures, Lol. I'll just leave this exhaust clip here :)

[ame]
Sponsored