Sponsored

Almost 60K for Loaded 2018 GT

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Ok here is a thought. Ford raised the base and option prices to offset rebates / discounts that will be offered on 2018 Mustangs - after all rebates / discounts Ford will increase their "net" per vehicle which remains the same or more than 2017 Mustang.

I recall seeing 2017 YTD sales below 2016. This decrease in sales may validate some of the comments that the content / technology additions do not justify (individuality) the 2018 pricing.
This is probably true. Price discrimination is a way to maximize profits. If it costs you $32,000 to build a car, you would theoretically be willing to sell it for $32,001. But if you know there are people out there willing to pay $60,000 for it, you would really like to sell it to them for $60K. The problem is figuring out who's who and charging different amounts in a way that's legal. The way they do that is a (slightly) inflated MSRP for those willing to pay, with various incentives and discounts for those willing to wait.
Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
even 50k is insane for a regular GT. Look for a Corvette GS, they are sitting on the lot, and you can get a 1LT GS for low 60s. :clap2:

I would wait a little more and get the 2LT GS. Has a little more features and a front facing camera for parking.
I got $12k off msrp on a GS but had GM loyalty money and $750 GM card bonus money back in 5/17 Got nav / data recorder.black wheels and trim. 7 speed. $58K. Don't waste your money $4k on the 2lt.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
And in other news, Mustang starts at $25 grand and is faster than previous gen Mustang GT.

:ford:

SWFLMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang (Future)
In a year's time, it is going to be interesting to see how many people purchase this iteration's "Best Bang For The Buck" model and how many "Pony Up" the dinero to purchase the GT, regardless of price.
Not exactly to your EB vs GT point, but I'm struggling with a GT "best bang" vs GT "pony up" question.

I want the V8 because I love the sound, I want a stick shift because, and I want a convertible since I live in FL. Although I have a background as an SCCA road racer, the car will never see the track or drag.

What I'm struggling with is when I play with the configurator and say to myself the six piston Brembo and the TORSEN® Differential with 3.73 Axle Ratio from the PP sounds great, the MagneRide™ Damping System sounds good, ditto the toys in the 401A and before I know it the car is $55,175.

Or I can only add the 20" wheels so I get some decent tires and a reasonable width and the active exhaust so I don't upset my neighbors and be at $47,685.

Any comments would be appreciated.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Any comments would be appreciated.
Self control.

It's like going to the candy store that sells by the pound and you get shocked when the bill is huge because you stuffed the bags to the top!

Buy the car for what you want, not to impress friends.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Self control.

It's like going to the candy store that sells by the pound and you get shocked when the bill is huge because you stuffed the bags to the top!

Buy the car for what you want, not to impress friends.
Or wait and buy it used and let some other schmuck take the initial hit. Plus, you don't have to worry about picking out options. There is only 1 option. There ya go. I took all the guesswork out of it for you.

SesiomSummers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Build
Vehicle Showcase
Ford is making the same mistake chevy did with the Six SS, why dont they get a GT should not pass 45k... I geet what they are doing but the camaro going cheaper with the refresh and the mustang getting this new weird beluga face + the price rice is a big NONO

Mike00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Triumph Thunderbird
Ford is making the same mistake chevy did with the Six SS, why dont they get a GT should not pass 45k... I geet what they are doing but the camaro going cheaper with the refresh and the mustang getting this new weird beluga face + the price rice is a big NONO
Also Chevy has had to introduce big rebates/msrp discounts to get them moving. A $50k + mustang is approaching the next tier of cars. Should the GT really be cross shopped at a similar price point as the hellcat/zl1?

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Also Chevy has had to introduce big rebates/msrp discounts to get them moving. A $50k + mustang is approaching the next tier of cars. Should the GT really be cross shopped at a similar price point as the hellcat/zl1?
I'll buy a $55K ZL1 before I buy a 45K Mustang GT. And I know come December deals will be had on 2017 ZL1s. Its worth the stretch to have anything with an LT4 vs. a Coyote. And I'l put up with the styling, visibility, etc. etc.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I know the C7 is priced crazy. Main reason i went with a used 2013 C6 and modded it.

Sponsored

SWFLMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang (Future)
Or wait and buy it used and let some other schmuck take the initial hit. Plus, you don't have to worry about picking out options. There is only 1 option. There ya go. I took all the guesswork out of it for you.
All the 2018s will have line-lock. Who's the schmuck the guy who does burnouts for two years and sells it before it blows up or the person who buys it from him?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

All the 2018s will have line-lock. Who's the schmuck the guy who does burnouts for two years and sells it before it blows up or the person who buys it from him?
Who cares about line lock. How long have people been doing burnouts the old fashioned way? Long before you and I were born.

Engines these days are held to strict standards. The v8 and ecoboost both should last 200k plus miles with regular maintenance. With or without burnouts. Would you rather have a car that was babied with oil consumption issues or someone who properly broke the car in and drives it aggressively? Who's really the schmuck? :thumbsup:

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Who cares about line lock. How long have people been doing burnouts the old fashioned way? Long before you and I were born.

Engines these days are held to strict standards. The v8 and ecoboost both should last 200k plus miles with regular maintenance. With or without burnouts. Would you rather have a car that was babied with oil consumption issues or someone who properly broke the car in and drives it aggressively? Who's really the schmuck? :thumbsup:
Doubtful the EB would last 200k+ miles. Coyote, maybe. The Cyclone would outlast all of them. #teamV6

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Doubtful the EB would last 200k+ miles. Coyote, maybe. The Cyclone would outlast all of them. #teamV6
Any modern gasoline engine should last well over 200k miles when well maintained. I have no doubts that the coyote and EB both will go the distance.