Sponsored

Air Freshener leaked and ruined my headlight switch.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
A car with leather interior should never smell bad, unless you fart in the seats.
LOL, just turn on the A/C fan built into the premium seats to blow it out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just replaced the switch assembly. It was $27 shipped and took me about 5 minutes to replace, maybe less. If I knew what I was doing it would have been a 2 minute job. Luckily I didn't have the air freshener on the center vents above the Sync 3 and A/C controls.

KArob486

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible (Ruby Red)
I'm looking at replacing my headlight switch since the knob won't stop rattling. Did you have to remove the skinny trim piece underneath the switch, and then the bezel that surrounds the switch? And I'm guessing there's a screw in there somewhere as well

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm looking at replacing my headlight switch since the knob won't stop rattling. Did you have to remove the skinny trim piece underneath the switch, and then the bezel that surrounds the switch? And I'm guessing there's a screw in there somewhere as well
Yep. From what I remember, you pop the small lower trim piece off first, once that's off you can access the single screw that holds on the other trim piece, which you take off. It was a really simple and quick job, even more so than I was expecting. I bought a cheap set of trim removal tools off Amazon which really come in handy with this car, but you can pretty much pop these pieces off with your hand.
Sponsored