Sponsored

Air Box Removal Help

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
So I’m trying to change my front pony emblem to the matte black. I’ve got the radiator cover off and brackets loosened but my arms will not fit between the bumper and AC condenser. The condenser kinda bends so I don’t want to bend it out of shape.

It is hitting the stock airbox inlet tube. Obviously I’ve never taken this off before so...how do I loosen the airbox so I can get more clearance to get my hand inside the bumper area?

I see the one bolt that is on the fender by the nannies plug. What am I missing?
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Disconnect tube that leads to throttle body and any vacuum line that holds you up, take out that one bolt and then jimmy jack that thing outta there. It just slides over the radiator pass through.

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Thanks db252. I did that but the air box didn't want to move and I was afraid something else was holding it. I'll try again and use a bit more muscle to get it out. Thanks again.
Ed

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Thanks db252. I did that but the air box didn't want to move and I was afraid something else was holding it. I'll try again and use a bit more muscle to get it out. Thanks again.
Ed
It's connected to the fresh air tube that's sitting in the bumper/grill, you have to pull back on that and then lift up. If you just lift up as is, it won't come out as it's still connected and buried deep into the grill holding it in place.

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
You sure you can reach the emblem by removing the air intake? I thought you have to remove the front bumper... keep us updated.

Sponsored

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
You sure you can reach the emblem by removing the air intake? I thought you have to remove the front bumper... keep us updated.
Supposedly you can do it if you have super skinny/long arms. I tried and failed miserably so just ended up pulling the bumper. I feel like even if you manage to get the old one off, getting the clips onto the new one would be impossible while contorting like that.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I couldnt get into mine either. I ended up using a dremel saw and very carefully cut the old one then removed it in pieces.
Sponsored