Sponsored

After your P Zeroes wore out, what tire did you go to?

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm running 3.73 and the Comp 2 A/S and you're totally full of it with that statement.
So I got the tires installed yesterday. I'm a stock PP with solo axleback, and I am THRILLED with these tires. There is much more grip than the pirellis (in warm weather), and in low 40 degree weather I couldn't break the tires loose on my 1-2 shift, and was able to take the on/off ramp turns at a much higher speed.

I'm not thrilled with the tire's side wall, but I am all about the performance.
Sponsored

T8stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black 401A
I had my Nitto 555's on the rear for about 2 months and now I have these Invo's on the rear. The NT555's hook up much better.

Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
They have only +/- 1000 miles on them but I can't wait to replace them for Michelin Pilot SuperSport like on my previous car.

watchdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp premium
So I got the tires installed yesterday. I'm a stock PP with solo axleback, and I am THRILLED with these tires. There is much more grip than the pirellis (in warm weather), and in low 40 degree weather I couldn't break the tires loose on my 1-2 shift, and was able to take the on/off ramp turns at a much higher speed.

I'm not thrilled with the tire's side wall, but I am all about the performance.
^^^ This,
I like the sidewalls. Mine now are wider than rim, no worries about scraping when parallel parking.

Plus they are pretty good in the rain I found out today.

GT0038

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT/sold :(
I went with the NT555 G2s very pleased with them so far after about 5k miles.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sc00ter

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
^^^ This,
I like the sidewalls. Mine now are wider than rim, no worries about scraping when parallel parking.

Plus they are pretty good in the rain I found out today.
Seconded. The BFGs stick like glue, tread's 1/2" to 5/8" wider than competitor's tires, and they're excellent in the wet. Pretty good in snow, too when they're new.

However, I decided to try the Michelins this time.

Last edited:

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I'm pretty happy with the Pirellis in the snow, but man do they suck on dry cold pavement

Ilovemyv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th An. Race Red Auto
I just put 4 Barum tires on one month ago. 255/40/19 Bravuris 3HM. Have no problems so far. The traction is better than the P zero. Hard to beat the price. $114/per. Have not had any wet weather to test them on.
Update: So far these Barum tires are quite good. They handle wet weather quite well. So cheep and better traction are the positives. I have not seen any bad attributes. If they last as long as the Pirellis, they will be well worth it. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
I think I'm going to give the General G-Max as-03 a shot. I've read some good things about them and they're like $143/each at Tire Rack right now.
FYI, I recently purchased the G-Max as-03s and have been very pleased. I haven't pushed them to hard yet, but have tried several situation where I would've been spinning with the stock Pirellis. The Generals just chirped and went. Very pleased, especially at that price point.

drive_drift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 Eco-Boost
[MENTION=9332]Sc00ter[/MENTION]
How is the road noise with "MICHELIN® Pilot® Sport A/S 3+".. Read reviews in http://www.michelinman.com/ and people complaining on Road Noise.
Is the road noise really bad when compared with Factory default tire "Pirelli ZERO"

Let me what you think.

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
Continental DW tires. Have about 8000-9000 on them now and there's very little visible wear. Very quiet tires too. Turn in feel isn't as immediate as the P Zeros' and I'd say lateral grip not quite as good, maybe the softer sidewall. But way better than the Cooper A/S I tried for one week. Had I had the money to get exactly what I wanted, it would have been Michelin Super Sports. The other tire that interested me was the new Firestone. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...4WR9FHI5&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes Probably can't beat it for the price, looks like it did great in TireRack's performance testing.
I have had both and the SS is the best tire but it isn't twice as expensive good and very hard to find should you ever have an issue with one of the tires.

The DW's do have a little more sidewall play but like i said they are half the price and a good compromise IMO for a daily driver with slight spirited driving.

OP
OP
Sc00ter

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
[MENTION=9332]Sc00ter[/MENTION]
How is the road noise with "MICHELIN® Pilot® Sport A/S 3+".. Read reviews in http://www.michelinman.com/ and people complaining on Road Noise.
Is the road noise really bad when compared with Factory default tire "Pirelli ZERO"

Let me what you think.
Road noise is very similar to me. It would make sense the Michelins would be a bit louder than the Pirellis because the tread pattern's more open, but I haven't noticed it. :thumbsup:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've been in a car with A/S 3+. Road noise wasn't any more audible than the PZeros overall. Conti DWS are very quiet.
Sponsored