16 Mustang GT Premium, PP, Ruby Red

craigsix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
i just had an equalizer pipe put on my gibson catback like that one has. trying to get some lowend torque i lost with the gt350 im.

OP
OP

RafaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, PP, Ruby Red
I sure hope I Like it since I ordered it on Thursday! Hoping its not too raspy. :clap2:

i just had an equalizer pipe put on my gibson catback like that one has. trying to get some lowend torque i lost with the gt350 im.

BlownStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Shadow Black
I have that exhaust. It makes an awesome sound. The crossover pipe eliminates drone.

If you are going to install headers it will become deafening. I had to replace the mufflers with large XForce ones to quieten it back down.

Sorry no clips.

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
If you already have an h or X adding a second downstream will only effect sound not scavenging.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you already have an h or X adding a second downstream will only effect sound not scavenging.
I do wonder what the effect on sound would be...

aFE says they do it for drone minimization, but I wonder what it does for tone (and if it does decrease drone).

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I do wonder what the effect on sound would be...

aFE says they do it for drone minimization, but I wonder what it does for tone (and if it does decrease drone).
The corsa double X sounds odd to me. I prefer a single X. I am unsure if it actually has an effect on drone.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
[ame]
Personally I hate the way this car sounds it's mega raspy especially for having stock cats and stock headers still.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The corsa double X sounds odd to me. I prefer a single X. I am unsure if it actually has an effect on drone.
Yeah, but this is adding an H behind the X. I kinda wonder if doing it this far down and with that length acts as a partial helmholtz resonator.

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
Yeah, but this is adding an H behind the X. I kinda wonder if doing it this far down and with that length acts as a partial helmholtz resonator.
I am not up on my physics, but the "H" portion looks to be a tuned hole considering it is a fraction the diameter of the full 3" pipe used in the H" connector.:shrug:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I am not up on my physics, but the "H" portion looks to be a tuned hole considering it is a fraction the diameter of the full 3" pipe used in the H" connector.:shrug:
Interesting. The OD looks 3" but you're saying the ID is significantly smaller? What would you guess it is?

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
Interesting. The OD looks 3" but you're saying the ID is significantly smaller? What would you guess it is?
Well, the pipe itself is the same 3" pipe, but on the pipe that exits the car on each side it looks like a drilled hole of about 1.25" or so where they have the H pipe.
Sponsored