Sponsored

AEM drop in filter

scooter550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang in Comp Orange
I should be getting my 2016 V6 Mustang in a week or so-
I already ordered a JLT catch can and was thinking of getting a AEM drop in filter.
http://www.aemintakes.com/search/product.aspx?prod=28-50029
I haven't seen anyone post about these- any reason NOT to buy/use it?
Has anyone modified their stock airbox to flow more air?
THANKS in advance for any help
Sponsored

maximized98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Convertible
Since 2009, AEM and K&N have become the same company. So you can choose either

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Never heard of anyone using the aem one but I know k&n is very popular. For the v6 I would just use that $60 towards an intake. For the Ecoboost and GT I think the stock airbox is well designed so a drop in works well.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
doesnt the gt/v6/eb use the same air box? (aside from the gt and eb having mass air meters)

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
They do. I had an AEM drop in filter in my 12 GT. K&N may own AEM but I chose AEM due to the dry filter after past issues with the K&N oil on sensitive mafs. I bought the AFE drop in for my 15 just because it was released earlier but same principle with the dry media. Also, do not expect any power difference. It might flow a little better than the oem filter but is more to have a reuseable filter that still does a better job than oiled gauze of catching particles.

Sponsored

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
Guys I just put the AEM drop in filter this week. My thoughts are it's slightly better than stock, also I like the dry filter verse the oiled filter. The air inlet temps seem to stay 10 degrees above ambient while cruising. Just not ready for a full CAI at this time, and will probably be looking into the "big mouth" ram air intake tube for the closed air box.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Guys I just put the AEM drop in filter this week. My thoughts are it's slightly better than stock, also I like the dry filter verse the oiled filter. The air inlet temps seem to stay 10 degrees above ambient while cruising. Just not ready for a full CAI at this time, and will probably be looking into the "big mouth" ram air intake tube for the closed air box.
You're doing the right thing. There is nothing wrong with the stock airbox. Many of the 5.0 guys are ditching their CAIs and going back to the stock unit. Put that $400 CAI money towards IRS upgrades; they are very rewarding. :D
Sponsored