Sponsored

Advice for Louisiana buyers?

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
I'm wanting to order a 2016 mustang, but I'm having trouble deciding which path to take. I can place an order at a local dealership for Invoice + $50, but I've been reading people paying below invoice - quite a bit below.

I've read about some "high volume dealerships" that give out amazing deals, but all the ones I've found myself or read about here are just too far (Koons was a 36 hr round trip). Even if I could find one sorta close that still might bring up a problem. I have a car to sell. I could trade in and get less or I could sell private party and get more. Even better, I could sell private party and do an "in and out" with the dealer, getting a tax credit for the value of the price I sold my car for would likely save me ~1k in taxes. This would be very hard to do at a dealer who is far away. A trade in at a dealership that's far away would get me a similar tax savings (maybe 200 less), but the trade in itself will lose me money vs a private party sell. How do the people who do these sorts of deals deal with your older car and taxes? I'd like to get 800-1000 below invoice, but not at the cost of 1k-3k - obviously.

Also, what about Costco? Just how great are their deals? Also, I'm ordering. Do their deals only work for current stock or can they provide similar savings on ordered vehicles?

One more question, I've seen people talk about rebates on ordering 2016s. I went on Ford and couldn't find any incentives for 2016 mustangs, only 2015. Are there rebates for ordering 2016 mustangs right now?
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Hey man. You still got my phone number? Text me tomorrow.

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
I'm wanting to order a 2016 mustang, but I'm having trouble deciding which path to take. I can place an order at a local dealership for Invoice + $50, but I've been reading people paying below invoice - quite a bit below.

I've read about some "high volume dealerships" that give out amazing deals, but all the ones I've found myself or read about here are just too far (Koons was a 36 hr round trip). Even if I could find one sorta close that still might bring up a problem. I have a car to sell. I could trade in and get less or I could sell private party and get more. Even better, I could sell private party and do an "in and out" with the dealer, getting a tax credit for the value of the price I sold my car for would likely save me ~1k in taxes. This would be very hard to do at a dealer who is far away. A trade in at a dealership that's far away would get me a similar tax savings (maybe 200 less), but the trade in itself will lose me money vs a private party sell. How do the people who do these sorts of deals deal with your older car and taxes? I'd like to get 800-1000 below invoice, but not at the cost of 1k-3k - obviously.

Also, what about Costco? Just how great are their deals? Also, I'm ordering. Do their deals only work for current stock or can they provide similar savings on ordered vehicles?

One more question, I've seen people talk about rebates on ordering 2016s. I went on Ford and couldn't find any incentives for 2016 mustangs, only 2015. Are there rebates for ordering 2016 mustangs right now?
I used Costco and it was about 550 below invoice.
Sponsored