Sponsored

Adding Line Lock

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I'm going to try this out during the week if I have time. If it gives me an error I'll go to my dealer and ask :p
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
No luck guys.... Our ABS module just will not accept the as built data for line lock. There must be a hardware difference.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went to Ford today. I asked the parts guy to check both ABS Module for the GT and V6. Guess what...! It's the same part number on V6/V8. I told him that I was able to enable line lock in my menu like the V8 and I asked him why it's greyed out. He said that it could be the rear axle cooling system and pump that are not on the V6. He stated that the line lock is not accessible because it's probably looking for the pump sensor... However if the ABS from the V8 is the same as our V6 then it shouldn't be an issue to program it with ForScan... I'll post a picture tonight of the axle cooling system he printed out for me.

Sponsored

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
I went to Ford today. I asked the parts guy to check both ABS Module for the GT and V6. Guess what...! It's the same part number on V6/V8. I told him that I was able to enable line lock in my menu like the V8 and I asked him why it's greyed out. He said that it could be the rear axle cooling system and pump that are not on the V6. He stated that the line lock is not accessible because it's probably looking for the pump sensor... However if the ABS from the V8 is the same as our V6 then it shouldn't be an issue to program it with ForScan... I'll post a picture tonight of the axle cooling system he printed out for me.
Glad that plan worked out ..lol

I am not sure how different is rear axle of v6 from v8 apart from gear ratios. I taught only GT350 has rear diff cooling system not GT. :shrug:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad that plan worked out ..lol

I am not sure how different is rear axle of v6 from v8 apart from gear ratios. I taught only GT350 has rear diff cooling system not GT. :shrug:
Then I'm guessing it's just a matter of programming...?

Here's the pics:

Last edited:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if it has to do with the IPC programming.... I wonder if the entire IPC was programmed to that of a GT instead of just enabling line lock it would not throw the error.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I wonder if it has to do with the IPC programming.... I wonder if the entire IPC was programmed to that of a GT instead of just enabling line lock it would not throw the error.
Not IPC, as your programming has already enabled the line lock option in the IPC. There has to be a different bit either in the ABS controller or possibly the PCM that the IPC is looking for to be enabled, and once it's changed it will no longer be greyed out.

I have a feeling there is another difference somewhere in the ABS module, something that is enabled by default on the export GT's even though the line lock option isn't. We need to compare as-built files from a V6, Ecoboost, GT, and export GT...looking for similarities between domestic and export GT that is different on the V6/ecoboost cars.

Sponsored

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
He said that it could be the rear axle cooling system and pump that are not on the V6. He stated that the line lock is not accessible because it's probably looking for the pump sensor....
He is wrong.

The GTs do not have a "rear axle cooling system/pump."

Alrighty, after doing some research I found someone on an Australian forum talking about checking the ABS as well. The guy checked it and enabled line lock and it kinda worked... here's what he said:

Missed the ABS module previously. Enabled in ABS and IPC, now get the menu and go through the sequence.

But as soon as I hit ok on the final step, I get a message "not available, see manual". Car was cold and didn't have it in gear yet so not sure if that matters (Handbrake was off).
You can get the error described if you improperly operate Line Lock.

Has anyone gotten as far as this guy?

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He is wrong.

The GTs do not have a "rear axle cooling system/pump."
I don't know what he checked then... It's weird on his computer I saw GT though.

You can get the error described if you improperly operate Line Lock.

Has anyone gotten as far as this guy?
Well this guy if I'm not wrong has a GT not a V6 but his country removed the line lock feature from the car.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys! I did some researched and someone was talking about to put the car in S mode to get the line lock feature... I don't know if y'all are AT or MT though...
I can't try it because I didn't enable it yet. Also, what's the code for the ABS Module to enable line lock?

Quote of the message:

You have to put the driving mode in at least Sport. It won't let you do it in Drive.

Another Quote:

You must be on COMPLETE LEVEL GROUND I don't mean to caps lock but they have so many safety features on the track apps it makes it near impossible to use them, funny enough, anywhere but the track lol.

Sorry to quote so much but I believe I might have found the problem... Check this out!!!

1st quote:

I just picked up my 2015 GT PP yesterday (this was a custom order, so the car was just built last week), and I noticed that the line-lock option has been disabled on the car - it's grayed out, and can't even be highlighted in the selection menu.

2nd quote:

I figured it out, lol. I was on a slight incline when i was looking at it in the menu, and the car has to be on pretty much level ground. Once I checked again on flat ground, it was available.

PS: If I someone could give me the ABS value to add line lock I will try it tomorrow and I'll take a video if it works!!!

Last edited:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately this likely will not work. The problem is not with line lock being greyed out in the cluster. The problem is that when we try to enable it in the abs module it will throw an advanced track error.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alrighty, I have some news from a friend that works at Ford. He said we needed to check also in the TCM (Transmission Module) It's possible that the ABS is looking for some data from the TCM. He also said the transmission on the GT and V6 are the same. He also checked couple vin # and compared it to mine and he said that the GT from 2015 and 2016 could have 2 different modules. One is a FR3Z and the other (I forgot lol). He stated that we might have injected a line lock code from a module that has a different part #. However After double checking the values it seems that they were the same... He is sure that it's just a matter of programming and to check why the ABS throw an Advance Track error. It could check for another option to be activated somewhere maybe in the TCM but he strongly does not recommend to flash the TCM with the V8 data because of the rev matching or something...
Sponsored