Sponsored

Adams H20 Guard & Gloss Full Review! (Lots of Photos)

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Hi Guys n Gals,

Some of you may have read my previous thread where I carried out a 2 step paint correction (10 hours of hard work that I don't intend on doing for at least another 6-12 months!). I used a Adams products for that detail job, and was very impressed with the results. Hence in my quest for detailing perfection, I have been looking at ways in which to improve my regular once-a-week wash n dry. Average time from start to finish is usually a little over an hour.

With that said, my usual wash proceedure follows the commonly used 2 bucket method. Followed up with a blow down using an electric leaf blower, a super absorbant towel and final dry off with detail spray and plush microfiber towel. This process has given me excellent steak free results that blinds most other road users with my shine. However...there is always room for improvement...

Enter into the picture Adams H20 Guard & Gloss. This product is quite unique in that it is designed to be applied to your car after you are finished washing WHILST THE CAR IS WET!
I thought to myself, I've simply got to try this stuff...that would save me at least 20 minutes on my normal car wash time.

So...this afternoon I put one of my Black Friday purchases to use and wanted to write a review to share.

I've included my full wash proceedure, and realize I am preaching to the choir for most, but I am sure a few people might like to see the order in which I carried out the wash...

Basics lined up. Technically 3 bucket method....2 for the car body, and a separate bucket for washing the wheels with...

I start the wash by cleaning the wheels. Gave them a good blast with the pressure washer, also giving the inside of the wheel barrels and inside of the wheel wells a decent clean down.

Got my Adams Wheel Cleaner out, and misted down the face of the wheels. Also adjusted the nozzle onto the jet mode so that I could aim some shots of product into the wheel barrels and face of the brake calipers:

I use a new toilet brush to reach in and clean inside my wheel barrels...haha...it just works...

I rinsed the wheels down after using a sponge to agitate the wheel cleaner. (Using my specific wheel wash bucket of soapy water)

Now moving onto the body, I started by pressure washing the whole car down:

...And gave all the panels a nice soapy bath, being sure to use one bucket to clean down the sponge in between recharging the sponge with soapy water and moving onto the next section:

All panels given the soapy sponge treatment, it was time to rinse down with the pressure washer again...

I made sure I got the soap residue from all the cracks and hiding places (such as inside the side view mirrors). Too many times I have been waxing the car at the end and find soapy water dripping down a panel...really grinds my gears! :lol:

At this point I would be busting out my leaf blower...but alas, today I am trying this new H20 Guard & Gloss...

Basically all you need for application is:
1 bucket of clean water
2 microfiber towels (a large size is best for drying. I used 500 GSM Waffle Weave 16x16")

As you can see the car is still soaking wet. I take one of my drying towels, and dunk it into the clean bucket of water. Ring it out until it is damp but not completely soaking wet. Then simply spray a mist of the H20 Guard & Gloss onto the panel and let it sit for about 10 seconds. Then use the wet towel to spread the product evenly over the panel. Wait another 10 seconds and you will see the product Haze over....

Then using the second microfiber drying towel, which is to remain DRY, I dry down the panel...

The great thing about this product is that it is safe on all exterior surfaces. It does not streak on glass, and is plastic trim safe. So I made sure to hit up all areas of the car...

After the wipe down with the dry towel, boy did it shine....

All the plastic trim was coated and still remained nice and matte finish....

End results after drying the car were fantastic...

Overall I'd give this product 5/5 in terms of ease of application and results. The shine was indeed very easy to achieve a streak free, spot free finish with spectacular gloss. I completed my entire car wash in 45 mins, which is very efficient! Gives me time to do other things that make me happy...like golf..haha :thumbsup:

The product came in a regular 16oz spray bottle. I'd say one wash used about 15% of the bottle, and I was being liberal. I also did inside all the door shuts and wheels. So for a little under $20 for a bottle, that is not all at bad considering you should get about 6 washes out of the bottle.
Since I like it so much, I may get the large gallon tub next time, which will be even more cost effective per oz.

Anyway...enough of my jabber....hope you guys liked the write up.

Cheers
Tim :cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Great write up.
Car looks great! :thumbsup:
Thanks! :thumbsup:

I am very interested to see how this shine will last over the upcoming week; the gloss achieved is simply superb.

Try some and see for yourself!

Magnetic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Premium
I have been using Adams polishes for years now. I was wondering about the H2O Guard. Great write up. Now I need to order some.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I have been using Adams polishes for years now. I was wondering about the H2O Guard. Great write up. Now I need to order some.
I've also got some other products of theirs on my 'to try' list...

Meguiars has been my staple for over 10 years, and only recently upped my detailing game to Adams products. No going back now... :D

Sponsored

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
that stuff is the best i need to get me a gallon always be running out of 16 oz

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
I love Adams Polishes! I was lucky and got the Guard and Gloss in one of there mystery boxes. Took advantage of both cyber Monday and Black Friday deals! Great looking pictures the product speaks for itself :thumbsup:

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
sub'd car looks amazing

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
that stuff is the best i need to get me a gallon always be running out of 16 oz
Totally agree...I think is now officially my favorite Adams product that I've tried! I'm hoping there will be some killer Xmas sales on the detailing websites so I can score a gallon of the Guard & Gloss.

I love Adams Polishes! I was lucky and got the Guard and Gloss in one of there mystery boxes. Took advantage of both cyber Monday and Black Friday deals! Great looking pictures the product speaks for itself :thumbsup:
What are these mystery boxes that you speak of? I shall need to look into this; sounds interesting!

sub'd car looks amazing
Thanks man, really appreciate it! :thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Hey, let us know on this thread if you can if your find any good deals on the stuff....I have a ton of wash stuff in my garage that I bought when I had my M3, I haven't hand washed the Stang much because I had shoulder surgery and I'm still healing....

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
What are these mystery boxes that you speak of? I shall need to look into this; sounds interesting!
Keep an eye out for the promotional emails they send the mystery box is like $40 and you get $50 worth of products. The last I ordered I got guard and gloss, all purpose cleaner and brilliant shine. Some people get gallons of stuff but I haven't been that lucky. Adams makes great products and all USA made

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
h20 gloss guard is the best! I almost like it as much as their detail spray lol. My car is a daily and its amazing how much easier dirt etc comes off the car with just a hose. For anyone looking for Adams stuff cheap, subscribe to their promotional emails and pay attention especially around holidays. The gallons go on sale pretty cheap and that's when I pick up enough to last me until their next sale. I've tried chemical guys and several other generic brands and just keep coming back as nothing compares imo.

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I love Adams stuff, but have never used the Guard and gloss. Now Im giunna consider it for both the Mustang and my DD Tacoma....great write up!
Sponsored