Sponsored

Active to Non-Active (AWE Valve Motor Bracket)

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/ Black Accent Pkg
Any factory active exhaust people switch to non-active with the AWE active exhaust valve motor bracket? Did it actually work or did you still lose drive mode functionality and throw codes?
Sponsored

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
You don’t lose anything, that the car knows about, so drive modes stay active. You mount your actuators to the bracket and they’re still plugged in, so they still adjust too, in free air. There will be no more exhaust mode changes, though. Quiet mode is exactly the same at track mode since the mufflers do not have valves in them.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have the AWE bracket and it’s just as @CorvZ061 said. No issues with codes and you can still cycle through the modes to get the preferred dash view, only there’s no change in the exhaust note.

IMG_2837.jpeg

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2839.jpeg

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I have the AWE bracket and it’s just as @CorvZ061 said. No issues with codes and you can still cycle through the modes to get the preferred dash view, only there’s no change in the exhaust note.

IMG_2837.jpeg

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2839.jpeg
I wish they’d do a valved version like on the s650’s. I had the touring system on my old 2020, hands down the best exhaust out there.

OP
OP
The Insomnimaniac

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish they’d do a valved version like on the s650’s. I had the touring system on my old 2020, hands down the best exhaust out there.
I considered an AWE system…… til I saw the prices. 😂 They sound stupidly good though, even on video.

OP
OP
The Insomnimaniac

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IMG_2837.jpeg

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2839.jpeg
Ok cool! I just noticed in a select few reviews on American Muscle that some guys had trouble even with the actuators mounted in the bracket. I went feral and swapped my AE for muffler deletes, so I had the bracket put on too…. No regrets, drone and all 😂😂
Sponsored