Sponsored

Active exhaust and cat deletes?

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
Anybody done this? I’m wondering how quiet that quiet mode is still. Track mode and X pipe work stock cats isn’t crazy loud but it does have a good sound. Quiet mode with this set up is super stealth.

Bottom line I want to know what an off road exhaust sounds like in quiet mode or normal mode under normal driving
Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
It's probably going to be crazy loud. You might be able to quiet it down to a reasonable level by putting the resonator back.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Can't speak for X pipe, but I have cat deletes on my 18 GT, but I'm running the Magnaflow resonator. Still pretty close to stock quiet mode, but a decent amount louder in Normal and track mode. I think it's a perfect combo with active exhaust

OP
OP
choate

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't speak for X pipe, but I have cat deletes on my 18 GT, but I'm running the Magnaflow resonator. Still pretty close to stock quiet mode, but a decent amount louder in Normal and track mode. I think it's a perfect combo with active exhaust
That’s what I was thinking I’d have to do. I likely won’t add the maks until I add a whipple in the mix which will be at least another year. Did you have the resonator before the Maks too or have X or H pipe?

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Yes, I installed the resonator the day after I purchased the car. Tried with and without cat deletes with resonator. Like I said, not an enormous change with and without cats in quiet mode. Not that substantial just driving around normally in Normal and Sport/Track. WOT is a good bit more aggressive with CAT deletes. Never tired X or H as I was after a very deep, subdued exhaust tone.

Sponsored

OP
OP
choate

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man. I can tell you that with my X resonator delete in track mode which is my mode sounds fantastic. It makes quite a bit of good noise for a car with cats on it for sure. Adding the Maks would put it over the top I’m almost certain of it. The Magnaflow mid muffler/resonator seems to be the ticket for an off road exhaust set up. You got any video clips?

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
I have active ex and cat delete with stock resonator (for now, installing magnaflow tru x resonator in the spring) I have videos of all different modes. Quiet mode is well... still very quiet , I usually drive on Normal/sport mode as track and drag modes are too loud for my tastings. Let me know if u want to hear the clips

OP
OP
choate

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have active ex and cat delete with stock resonator (for now, installing magnaflow tru x resonator in the spring) I have videos of all different modes. Quiet mode is well... still very quiet , I usually drive on Normal/sport mode as track and drag modes are too loud for my tastings. Let me know if u want to hear the clips
Does a bear sh1t in the woods lol. Yeah I want to hear it

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
OP
OP
choate

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP
choate

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Copy and paste YouTube link here

Synergy720

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Did you ever get around to getting the magnaflow tru x resonator? If so can you please share some audio/video!

Luv2gofst666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russel
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp1
I’m going Texas speed long tubes no cats To borla resonator and stock active exhaust .
Sponsored