Aces Mustang GT

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
I don't understand why Ford didn't put a handle on the internal panel like the majority of other cars :frusty:

Two words. Money pinching! :doh:
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Next update is done. Most of the wiring for the tribars is done too, just have to see when my DD Kit v2 arrives and when I can send in my headlights :headbang:
switchbacks_small.gif

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Next update is done. Most of the wiring for the tribars is done too, just have to see when my DD Kit v2 arrives and when I can send in my headlights :headbang:
Are these the plug & play switchbacks by DD? I would like to install them withouth to much fuzz of wiring madness..

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Are these the plug & play switchbacks by DD? I would like to install them withouth to much fuzz of wiring madness..
The plug & play switchbacks from DD won't work on our cars. We need to play with the wires to have them work.
And for that, you need the kit from US (like papinist's car) or the kit from China (like on my car).

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
The plug & play switchbacks from DD won't work on our cars. We need to play with the wires to have them work.
And for that, you need the kit from US (like papinist's car) or the kit from China (like on my car).
Okay thanks, I guess Ill wait some more, maybe DD wil show up with a EU version in the near future...

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Okay thanks, I guess Ill wait some more, maybe DD wil show up with a EU version in the near future...
Don't think so ... To work, a switchback needs a 3 wire socket (one for turn, one for white and one for ground). Our socket on the mustang is a 2 wire socket (one for turn and one for ground) ...

So, nothing can be really plug & play in this case for us ...

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Exactly as John said.
But trust me, it's really easy, you have to connect only 1 spare wire to parking light that is next to the turning light :)

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I installed the switchback from US that papinist used in his car too. Worked great, you just have to re-wire one parking light, the rest is plug & play :headbang:

Sidemarkers are just the glasses, since light them would be completely illegal here in germany. But guess they will look great with the chrome elements and the white stripes of my Stang :cheers:

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Don't think so ... To work, a switchback needs a 3 wire socket (one for turn, one for white and one for ground). Our socket on the mustang is a 2 wire socket (one for turn and one for ground) ...

So, nothing can be really plug & play in this case for us ...
Exactly as John said.
But trust me, it's really easy, you have to connect only 1 spare wire to parking light that is next to the turning light :)
Ok I will look into it, I do have a tendency to easily screw things up though... even simple things :D

I installed the switchback from US that papinist used in his car too. Worked great, you just have to re-wire one parking light, the rest is plug & play :headbang:

Sidemarkers are just the glasses, since light them would be completely illegal here in germany. But guess they will look great with the chrome elements and the white stripes of my Stang :cheers:
I still would gamble on those, as the EU regulation say's it's not mandatory to have side-markers on cars less than 6M, but usually if you have them they need to be amber... but I would like to have the smoked's :D damn rules!

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
The 2016 Camaro has white sidemarkers in the EU version. So it can't be illegal somehow :D

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
The 2016 Camaro has white sidemarkers in the EU version. So it can't be illegal somehow :D
Well when I changed my springs and the garage had them controlled by the officials so it is written down in the car papers, they did not say anything about the white sidemarkers (even on).

I read somewhere in our laws (Switzerland) that if your lights in the back are white then white sidemarkers are allowed, the same for red. Who knows, drove near cops + the expertise for the springs and nothing happened so I guess no one will bother making remarks.
Sponsored