20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
My trunk back wall is black ABS plastic with surface scratches. i want to paint it. What color do I get (from a refutable Supply Shop. With what product do I use to prep the surface? I figured one thin undercoat then a single finish coat? Help?!?!?!?
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Which part of the trunk are you talking about?

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
The very back wall. The wall closest to the rear lights, it holds the trunk latch the deck lid attaches to.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So you’re looking at painting the plastic piece? I would say whatever shop is going to paint it, let them prep it however they need in order to paint it properly. It will need a good cleaning for sure, if there’s some sharp edges/burrs from getting nicked up those will need to be sanded down also. Absolute black is the color that comes on FP products such as the GT500 spoiler, strut brace, etc. if you want to paint it black.

I will say though, if the plastic is getting dinged up, it’s doing its job. It’s there to protect the paint in the trunk. The same thing will happen to the paint, it will get scratched up pretty good back there. You could PPF it after it gets painted to help protect the paint on it.

Seems like not enough juice for the squeeze to me but if that’s what you like/want, that’s all that matters.

Sponsored

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever try polishing it with a product that is used for restoring headlights ? Meguires Headlight restorer works well !!!