A review that’s going to upset some folks

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Well no tissue needed. I had bought one of these products about 2 years ago & I completely forgot about it & it's just sitting on the shelf. In the trash it goes. Thank you for sharing. Saved me the time I would of wasted lol

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Interesting video, most of which I agree with.

F11 Top Coat and Shine Armor Quick Coat are from brands who rely on social media to market substandard products, usually bought by people who just want their car to be shiny, but don't really research or put any more effort into it than scrolling through FaceBook.

Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax follows the same formula, a product sold that sells via marketing and not actual results. Sure, its cheap and is easy to apply, but if the product doesn't actually provide protection or hydrophobics, then you are wasting your time. You would say the same for the majority of the over complicated Chemical Guys product range.

Bead Maker is probably in the same boat in that it doesn't actually "bead" and that the longevity is limited. At least the application is easy and slickness hard to beat.

Collinite 850 Metal Wax is one of those products (and brands) that has been left behind. While I truly love their 845 Insulator Wax, the Collinite product range is extremely old and shows little to no innovation or improvement. Simply put, newer brands and products have moved the game on.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
So, for your F11 Topcoat diehards, grab a tissue.
Good vid, Brian, thanks. I have visited his site previously but with so many out there, it is difficult to filter out the great ones. I bookmarked the site this time.

No doubt many here were surprised at the negative review of Bead Maker, I know I was. I use it alternately with Reload but all this time I've been thinking the "beads" were due to BM when in fact, it was still the CQuartz creating them (or it was due to a previous coating of Reload, not BM.)

I love the slickness of BM but after watching that clip, I think I'll switch to Reload exclusively for the post detailing coat. It's a little more work to remove than BM but, based on his testing, the extra buffing elbow grease required will be worth the effort long term.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
No surprise, to be honest. Most of the car detailing products are marketed to the extreme, and even the absolute best products barely give you what is claimed. In fact, the majority of products aren't marketed towards professionals and auto detailing hobbyists, they're marketed to new car buyers who don't know any better.

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
No surprise, to be honest. Most of the car detailing products are marketed to the extreme, and even the absolute best products barely give you what is claimed. In fact, the majority of products aren't marketed towards professionals and auto detailing hobbyists, they're marketed to new car buyers who don't know any better.
The market has definitely exploded in the last few years so it’s no surprise many are jumping on the band wagon and trying to cash in. I try to stick to brands that have been in the game a long time and continue to innovate without telling the world they are doing so. However, there are a few chemicals out there that are surprisingly good even if the rest of the manufacturer’s range is garbage 🤣
Sponsored