Sponsored

A question about lane keeping? Think somethings wrong.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
When I first got the car there was a icon (I guess that what it would be called) at the top right of the center screen with a little car. When the lane keeping sensor would read a line in the roadway it would flash the line on that side of the little car. That's gone now. I checked the setting of the lane keeping system, it is on, and I don't think it's reading the lines but can't say for sure. Do you think it's broke, and needs to go back to the dealer? Any help is appreciated 'cause I don't understand everything I know about these new fangled do-dads. :D

Jim
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Do you have it set on aid or just alert or both?

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
But to answer your question. When you have it turned on, you should see the car and a green line on each side. If it's not reading the lines will be grey. When you start crossing the line they usually turn yellow I guess red if you go way over. I think when you have the drive mode set to track it will disable it.

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
But to answer your question. When you have it turned on, you should see the car and a green line on each side. If it's not reading the lines will be grey. When you start crossing the line they usually turn yellow I guess red if you go way over. I think when you have the drive mode set to track it will disable it.
Thank my friend, something must be wrong with the system. I have it set to "aid only" (as it was when I brought it home), and the car icon isn't there anymore. I'll get it to the dealer, which I really hate to do, but it's gotta be done. :)

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
The little car isn't tied to the braking or the lane keeping I don't think. There's another feature, distance warning or something like that. If you turn it off and adaptive cruise is off car goes away. I turned it off but it didn't affect lane keeping. I like the aid portion of lane keeping I think that's helpful but you have to fight it from time to time, like if a tractor trailer is veering into your lane..

Do you have ruby on tan? Great combo, I don't think I've ever seen that combo!

Sponsored

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
The little car isn't tied to the braking or the lane keeping I don't think. There's another feature, distance warning or something like that. If you turn it off and adaptive cruise is off car goes away. I turned it off but it didn't affect lane keeping. I like the aid portion of lane keeping I think that's helpful but you have to fight it from time to time, like if a tractor trailer is veering into your lane..

Do you have ruby on tan? Great combo, I don't think I've ever seen that combo!
Yes sir, it's Ruby Red with the tan interior. Being the wife's car she chose the colors. I think she did a great job.

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Well folks I took 'er to the dealer today. Thank goodness the Tech knew exactly what to look at first. Now, I went through that dang owners manual several times waiting for the car to arrive, and either missed it or just forgot. When the Tech showed me I just reached into my wallet, and handed him my man card. Ford in their infinite wisdom didn't put the on/off function in the DIC like everything else on the Smart & Safe package, they put a button on the end of the turn signal stalk. Yep, one of us must have bumped that darn button, and turned the system off. :doh: :frusty:

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
there is a button on the end of the blinker stick that toggles lane keeping on and off. try that
Thank you brother, as you can see sadly I found that out this morning. :D

We must have been typing at the same time. :thumbsup:

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Thank you brother, as you can see sadly I found that out this morning. :D

We must have been typing at the same time. :thumbsup:
ya i stumbled on this when i got the car playing with all the buttons

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Interesting - my lane keep went away for a week or so but then came back. I can't remember if I tried resetting the assist or not, but I quit worrying after it came back. I wonder if I messed with the button, too.

Great thread, guys!

lepak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Well folks I took 'er to the dealer today. Thank goodness the Tech knew exactly what to look at first. Now, I went through that dang owners manual several times waiting for the car to arrive, and either missed it or just forgot. When the Tech showed me I just reached into my wallet, and handed him my man card. Ford in their infinite wisdom didn't put the on/off function in the DIC like everything else on the Smart & Safe package, they put a button on the end of the turn signal stalk. Yep, one of us must have bumped that darn button, and turned the system off. :doh: :frusty:
You saved me a trip to the dealer! I picked up a 2018 not to long ago and I thought mine was broken.
Sponsored