Sponsored

A/C Evaporator

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
So I have been reading many issues with the evaporator in the 2015s and the A/C in general. I have an Eco with 30k miles and warranty until July 2017 (car was built in 11-2014).

I asked about the Oasis report and they said that the only warranty work done has been recalls so nothing has gone wrong in the car yet but since the warranty is coming to an end I was wondering if it make sense to go with an extended warranty? What's the real probability of the A/C evaporator to go bad? I plan on keeping the car for two years more so power-train will not be an issue.
Sponsored

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
So I have been reading many issues with the evaporator in the 2015s and the A/C in general. I have an Eco with 30k miles and warranty until July 2017 (car was built in 11-2014).

I asked about the Oasis report and they said that the only warranty work done has been recalls so nothing has gone wrong in the car yet but since the warranty is coming to an end I was wondering if it make sense to go with an extended warranty? What's the real probability of the A/C evaporator to go bad? I plan on keeping the car for two years more so power-train will not be an issue.
The majority of the failures have been in the south, but that's not to say you are safe from it failing in the midwest. I don't know how much the extended warranty will cost, but I do know the leaking evaporator caused my compressor and accumulator to crap out as well. The bill was $2300 since I was out of warranty. The evaporator alone is about $1700 to replace.

If it were me, I would buy the extended warranty for peace of mind and it will help resale when you get rid of it. That said, I hope you meant July 2018 for your factory bumper to bumper warranty, cause you can't buy an extended warranty if the factory warranty has expired.