A/C cold only on passenger side

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I saw a couple of other A/C issue threads, but none with this exact problem.

2015 Mustang GT... The passenger side vents blow VERY cold. The driver side vents blow noticeable less cold.

Both sides are set to 70 degrees, but I tried lowering the driver side all the way down to LO and it doesn't seem to affect it.

It seems like the A/C is working (or there wouldn't be any cold air).

I have 3000 miles left on my warranty, but really hate taking it to the dealer. Any ideas on what I can check out myself before breaking down and taking it in?

Thanks for any help! :)
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
2015 Mustang GT... The passenger side vents blow VERY cold. The driver side vents blow noticeable less cold.
That seems to be the first sign the evaporator is leaking and you're loosing refrigerant charge. You could have a leak someplace else in the system ... only the dealer will be able to test to determine if it's low on charge and if there's a leak someplace.

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thank you both for the replies! Guess I'll be going to the dealer very soon.

Actually I just hit 34K today!

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Interesting, I just dropped my car off for it's 15 month service and reported this exact issue. It was manageable on the way back from Corsicana but definitely drivers side was pushing only warm air. I assumed it might be the air box diverter since I still have cold air on the passenger side. The Service desk said they're getting about 20 Mustangs a week with this issue.

Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I just got my car back from Sterling McCall Ford. It took them about two weeks.

Nathank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
My dad has a 2015 mustang, at 20k miles his evaporator core went out. Same issue, cold on passenger side but not at all on drivers side.

I have a 2016 mustang, at exactly 20k miles my evaporator core went out. Same symptoms.

This is becoming a common issue.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
My dad has a 2015 mustang, at 20k miles his evaporator core went out. Same issue, cold on passenger side but not at all on drivers side.

I have a 2016 mustang, at exactly 20k miles my evaporator core went out. Same symptoms.

This is becoming a common issue.
The service desk told me 20 cars a week. Hence the two week wait. I hope they didn't pull a BMW move and just replace the garbage part with the same garbage part instead of an upgraded one. But they probably did.

I suppose I'll find that out for sure around 50k miles.

Nathank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Exactly! That is what I'm worried about. It seems Ford should do a recall. Every page has at least 2-3 threads regarding what seems to be evaporator core issues.

Sponsored

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost Premium
My car just hit 18K and is going in for its 3rd evaporator core, one per summer. Looks like ford is replacing garbage with garbage.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
My car just hit 18K and is going in for its 3rd evaporator core, one per summer. Looks like ford is replacing garbage with garbage.
Figures....

Looks like I'll need to read up on the evaporator cord DIY.

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost Premium
I've had this issue the entire time I've owned the car but still absolutely love the hell out of it. Then I walk outside the other day and noticed the hood paint bubbling like it did on my '06... Ford said they had fixed that years ago.

Nathank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Well, from what I've read on other forums and even the top thread on this page it seems Ford knows about the issue, they refuse to issue a recall because it doesn't involve the safety of the driver.

However, because it's a faulty part, and because Ford has that knowledge, the warranty restrictions shouldn't apply. I understand, Ford most likely won't oblige its customers who've gone over their warranty. I'm just saying Ford should, since it's a faulty product.

Ford, in my opinion, has seemingly been on a decline recently, and the future doesn't seem to offer any hope that anything will change. Maybe it's me just reading too much into it, but ever since Alan Mulally retired it feels like they've taken a step back.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Well, from what I've read on other forums and even the top thread on this page it seems Ford knows about the issue, they refuse to issue a recall because it doesn't involve the safety of the driver.

However, because it's a faulty part, and because Ford has that knowledge, the warranty restrictions shouldn't apply. I understand, Ford most likely won't oblige its customers who've gone over their warranty. I'm just saying Ford should, since it's a faulty product.

Ford, in my opinion, has seemingly been on a decline recently, and the future doesn't seem to offer any hope that anything will change. Maybe it's me just reading too much into it, but ever since Alan Mulally retired it feels like they've taken a step back.
They just fill in the squares on their "cost/reward" matrix and as long as the cost line is less than the risk line they let it roll. You can thank MBA's for that crap. We have a squadron around here that can't wipe their own ass without a cost/reward matrix.
Sponsored