Sponsored

A/C blower fan whine

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
With my A/C on my 2016 GT I am hearing a high pitched whine. Has anyone else had this? Reason I ask is my 2015 Ecoboost never did it. Thanks!
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Bringing this back from the dead. My 2016 GT has developed this as well. OP, did you get yours fixed or did it go away? A/C still seems to be fine.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Is it rpm dependent like this?
[ame]

If so it's the A/C compressor going bad. The worse news is it more than likely is going bad due to a leak in the evaporator core.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Is it rpm dependent like this?

If so it's the A/C compressor going bad. The worse news is it more than likely is going bad due to a leak in the evaporator core.
It's not that sound. It's more of a high pitched grind, almost like a bearing needs oil or something. I'll see if I can record it.

2015GT50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have the same thing that just started on my 2015 GT. My wife asked me if I secretly installed a supercharger without her knowing. you can hear it from both outside and inside and whine turns off once the climate control is shut off.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I have the same thing that just started on my 2015 GT. My wife asked me if I secretly installed a supercharger without her knowing. you can hear it from both outside and inside and whine turns off once the climate control is shut off.
Mine made the same sounds. Then a few days ago it just started blowing warm air so the A/C finally just failed completely. Taking it in next week to get fixed under warranty.
Sponsored