gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I didnt have an issue with the rear lines, however the mount for the front lines was exactly as you described - totally unsecure. I put a few extra heavy duty zip ties on the bracket/line to secure - its not going anywhere now.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I'm glad you mentioned this. Brake lines is still something I need to do and Goodridge is definitely a brand I would have considered. I don't think I will now.

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad you mentioned this. Brake lines is still something I need to do and Goodridge is definitely a brand I would have considered. I don't think I will now.
I was considering the same as well. Perhaps Steeda has a better option.

Last edited:

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yea i really dont get why they couldnt put together a better bracket/mount for the front lines. They are pretty highly regarded and Brembo uses them in their BBKs but they slipped on such a simple issue. Maybe Speigler has a better solution, AP Essex uses their lines on their BBK.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
That's weird. I'm wondering if they were for another application and they just said, meh... these should be close enough to work for the S550 too. I've always considered them one of the best.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I just installed new Willwood brakes and they included new brake lines also. I can confirm that the threads for the tube nut (the nut on the hard brake line) is M10 x 1.5 because it was a pain to find. I had to redo the rear driver side brake line because the inside thread was crossed and stripped (thanks Ford).

I can also confirm that a few of the upgraded brake lines didn't fit exactly where you screw in the tube nut. I ended up getting a brake line tube bender tool and bend the rear brake lines to fit the mounting brackets. For the front, there is not much room to bend the hard brake line there. So I ended up drilling a new hole into the mounting bracket that will match up with the hole in the body.

I will try to take some pictures and show you what I did even though mines is a Willwood one. It may help with how to route the line or mount the bracket.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Steeda lines which are actually made by StopTech. It did at first seem the rear lines were a different thread but they did eventually thread right in. It seems funny but using an actual brake line wrench made the difference for me. The fitment was otherwise spot on thought.

Sorry to hear these gave you issues, hopefully they will get you a good set in short time. They definitely are not right and I wouldn't run them

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I installed these. I had trouble with the rear lines but eventually caught the threads and they went in, just not particularly easy-peasy. I pulled one back out and put it back into the stock line and it threaded perfectly, so I didn't screw up threads, thankfully.

The front brackets are bloody stupid - you have to use that little c-clip thing... stupid.

If I could do it again, I'd get the Steeda lines because they have the proper shaped connection to the caliper in the rear vs. the standard round eyelet which could rotate.

That said, I don't have any concerning preload on my lines.

Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
They should screw in with no issues

I would take pics and send them with the set back to Goodridge. I installed a set last year. I had no issues at all with screwing any lines in. The set fit almost perfectly. I have had no issues with them in over 10k miles of use.
ssb.jpg

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Here you go, these are the Willwood brake lines that I have to modify. The front holes did not like up and I ended up drilling a new hole. The rear appears to line up right, but it was not. I had to bend the brake line until it lined up with the mounting bracket hole.

This is to show what I did as an alternative. I can live with this setup for now :).

I do agree with Road Dog, take some pictures and send it to Goodridge.

Front

Rear
Sponsored