50th anniversary welcome kit

mvic1518

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2012 boss 302 and 2015 WW LE 2016 Shelby GT350
Mine came today. It's not as nice as the one that came with the Boss 302, but it's still pretty cool.
Sponsored

sandbagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 kona auto
once again i have got a notice from Ups that it should be here today fingers crossed

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Glad to see the confirmations that they are tying the charger color to the car color...makes it a bit unique....

Sponsored

a2electric

a2electric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50yr WW 1571
We received our welcome kit for 1571 today. We took possession of her on January 28th if that helps anyone with timing.

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
Got mine on Saturday,
My charger is white. :ford:

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
Got mine today. Anyone order the illuminated Personalized scuff plates?

I went to the site www.fordshowparts.com but it's not listed. I figured I'd ask here before calling the 800 number tomorrow.

Thanks!

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Got mine today. Anyone order the illuminated Personalized scuff plates?

I went to the site www.fordshowparts.com but it's not listed. I figured I'd ask here before calling the 800 number tomorrow.

Thanks!
folks have been checking the site...but I do not believe anyone has ordered (pretty vocal bunch-in a good way) and they would have announced. But heck-give them a call and advise. I'm still betting my original theory is correct and these are a ways out (if ever).

Sponsored

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
folks have been checking the site...but I do not believe anyone has ordered (pretty vocal bunch-in a good way) and they would have announced. But heck-give them a call and advise. I'm still betting my original theory is correct and these are a ways out (if ever).
Just called. Illuminated custom scuff plates are not yet available. I was told it was a matter of weeks, not months for availability. I'm on the list. Just FYI.

Now if I could only get the reverse sensing system and adaptive cruise control I'd feel complete :)

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Just called. Illuminated custom scuff plates are not yet available. I was told it was a matter of weeks, not months for availability. I'm on the list. Just FYI.

Now if I could only get the reverse sensing system and adaptive cruise control I'd feel complete :)
Yes! Keep us informed on your ACC quest. I'd like to add it too. Should be a plug and play, like the sills. Only question is software integration. Would you lose some features of LE with a GTPP ACC car? Also, pulling the plate in the dash for the LED strip and getting access to the connectors might be tough. Would the ACC connector for the sensor require pulling the fender liner or fender?

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Just called. Illuminated custom scuff plates are not yet available. I was told it was a matter of weeks, not months for availability. I'm on the list. Just FYI. :)
That is what we were told weeks ago.................:frusty:

Get ready to take your car apart to install--remove seats, pull up the carpeting etc to install the wiring harness.

My opinion still holds- ford accessories is its own unit in Ford (own budget, own business plan). They design stuff across all product lines and are NOT instant experts on each new car. They assumed the LE like ALL other Premium GTs would have illuminated door sills thus simple plug and play with the custom versions as current premium GTs can do. Wrong assumption.

Somewhere along the way they learned (were advised) of a big assumption OPPS, LEs do not come with illuminated plates...the full wiring system doesn't run to the door sills on the LEs. Now the rush is on to build a wiring harness along with instructions to add on to the main harness so LEs can become illuminated.

Last edited:

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
You'd think it would be cheaper and easier on the line to have one harness for all models of the vehicle, with plug and play harnesses for the options, in easy-to-reach locations.
Sponsored