Sponsored

500 MILE REVIEW / OIL CHANGE & MORE

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
If the car isn't moving, all the coolers in the world aren't going to help (unless they have fans, which they don't). Also, if it isn't moving, the transmission and differential aren't getting hot. So, from that perspective it doesn't matter which model you have. They all have the same water coolers and the same oil coolers.

I daily drive my GT350, and it has been pretty great. It will be interesting to see how it copes with the heat this summer.

-T
Sponsored

Nazaar33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2006 Infinity M45, 2009 Nissan GTR, 2015 F150
Stereo was crap and I changed it out. Now it sounds good. Just lots of work and extra $ later. Just my view[/QUOTE said:
Was just wondering what you ended up doing as far as upgrading/improving the audio system??

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
When I mean Chicago traffic. I mean move 10' stop for a minute. Move 25' stop for a minute. Move 20 more feet stop for 2 minutes, etc. On and on for 2 hours which should only take 20 minutes normally. We were not moving at all. Crawl at 10 mph was welcomed. This is not the car to be stuck in for 2 hours with. No offense. As for this kind of commute I rather be in any vehicle with an automatic that has a bit more room.

Now if we were moving whether 30mph or 65 mph the gt350 would be fine.

Living in Chicago my whole life. Chicago traffic means the highways look like parking lots. No movement whatsoever.
Wow - 2 hours. That's really crappy. I would probably move or get a different job to avoid that. I might have 5 minutes of that tops in my commute, which is bad enough. I've been to Chicago and the traffic wasn't nearly as bad on my route. I was in downtown at 4:30 pm on a weekday. Left downtown and I was driving 75 mph watching cornfields pass by 1/2 hour later.

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
Wow - 2 hours. That's really crappy. I would probably move or get a different job to avoid that. I might have 5 minutes of that tops in my commute, which is bad enough. I've been to Chicago and the traffic wasn't nearly as bad on my route. I was in downtown at 4:30 pm on a weekday. Left downtown and I was driving 75 mph watching cornfields pass by 1/2 hour later.
I know all the temps were moving up in the car which created the heat. This route I was on returning from the dealer normally is 20 minutes. Due to highway construction, Friday end of day and an accident turned into 2 hours. I am not blaming Ford or the car for this situation but if you read the manual there is a mention to not let the car idle or low speed operation for long periods of time. Do not let car be in that situation for extended periods of time. Again no air movement to evacuate heat and push cool air through radiator.

I look at this as that 1 or 2 time circumstance. No biggie in my eyes. Even with coolers I am sure no difference. If someone puts the front end of their car to within 18" of their garage and ran car for 1 hour at 600-1000 rpm I think they would see what I mean. No air circulation. Cars like this aren't meant to do that.

That's why I always monitor my gauges before bad happens.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Due to voc regulations and such and water based paints etc. it will forever be incredibly soft until the manufacturers of the paint figure out how to gain hardness without chemicals.

Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
When I mean Chicago traffic. I mean move 10' stop for a minute. Move 25' stop for a minute. Move 20 more feet stop for 2 minutes, etc. On and on for 2 hours which should only take 20 minutes normally. We were not moving at all. Crawl at 10 mph was welcomed. This is not the car to be stuck in for 2 hours with. No offense. As for this kind of commute I rather be in any vehicle with an automatic that has a bit more room.

Now if we were moving whether 30mph or 65 mph the gt350 would be fine.

Living in Chicago my whole life. Chicago traffic means the highways look like parking lots. No movement whatsoever.
traffic was bad in Chicago when I was their I just went to the airport 5 hours early before I went insane in that stop and stop and stop then go crap

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
When I read about your car getting hot in traffic it made me a bit nervous. That has been relieved today because I sat in a line for 20 minutes waiting to get in C&C this morning and oil temp stayed around 180 with an ambient of 60-65. Coolant temp was middle of gauge.
Like u said your situation was probably a combo of being in a sea of cars with no air circulation for 6x the amount of time.

Funny thing, there was a 997 turbo off to the side overheating a bit though. No damage occurred and the owner was able to drive off later.

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
When I read about your car getting hot in traffic it made me a bit nervous. That has been relieved today because I sat in a line for 20 minutes waiting to get in C&C this morning and oil temp stayed around 180 with an ambient of 60-65. Coolant temp was middle of gauge.
Like u said your situation was probably a combo of being in a sea of cars with no air circulation for 6x the amount of time.

Funny thing, there was a 997 turbo off to the side overheating a bit though. No damage occurred and the owner was able to drive off later.

Yeah that is what I mean. Any car made to be driven is going to experience problems like this. Some more than others. To me no biggie as I had already pulled the code and checked it. Message "approaching maximum temperature threshold" What that is I need to find out. Is it coolant, oil, trans, etc. No one knows yet because everything is closed til tomorrow. Also I had NEW oil put in and as all of us know you are supposed to break in new oil as well. So new oil, max viscosity, heavy traffic, no movement, no air circulation, etc. Just bad scenario. Took car to track after and ran fine on 1 lap they let me run. No limp mode but it was on the track for maybe 3-5 minutes? Didn't keep track just too excited to finally let this car do what is was born to do. run fast!!

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Ok......

Ok, we now have 558.7 miles on our GT350 Mustang, so this week I'm making a Appointment, to get rid of the Factory oil and oil filter, this week!

We have had so much fun putting this 558.7 miles on our 350 Tech Pack Mustang, we drove her today and Temperature here in West Virginia was 82° today, with some spirited driving today on her, we never did experienced a limp mode in our Tech Pack 350.

But if or when it happens I will post on 6G forums.so everyone will know. This car is so fricking awesome to drive!!!!!

If any one has any doubt on owning a GT350 Mustang, if you do, your not on the right track about a 350 Mustang. I treaded our 2015 GT Mustang Competition orange 50th anniversary appearance package car, that I had only owned for 14 months and was almost paid for! And I have never regretted this, from the GT to the GT350, I can not say enough about this GT350. So if you can snap one up do so, you will never kick your self! Thanks :ford: :cheers:John

Oh I have to add we got so many Thumbs Up today driving our 350 Mustang. Thanks, John
Sponsored