Sponsored

5.2 liter auto 2017 gt!!

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Just taking the peak torque values isn't the whole story though, as you don't go 0-60 at that peak torque value or go through the quarter mile at that peak value. Look below, you need to run the torque curve through the gearing multiplier, AND divide by the tire and wheel radius to get what is being output at the wheel.

A bit over my head but not surprising. N/a to n/a, the old saying is true, " There is no substitute for cubic inches." Ford has managed to stay in the game with valve timing, better flow, etc but there are limits.
Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
No replacement for displacement...a 5.4L N/A (CPC) would be a great mill to put in the S650 model IMO. 500-525 H/P would be just about puuuurfect with the ability to S/C it would be a godsend!

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
No replacement for displacement...a 5.4L N/A (CPC) would be a great mill to put in the S650 model IMO. 500-525 H/P would be just about puuuurfect with the ability to S/C it would be a godsend!
I keep seeing this reference to CPC and FPC. What does this refer to?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Cross Plane Crank or Flat Plane Crank......the new GT350 is the latter.

FPCs are known to rev higher, but have a very unusual sound (for a V8). More like to inline 4s together, although the GT350 exhaust was tuned to make it more traditional.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
A bit over my head but not surprising. N/a to n/a, the old saying is true, " There is no substitute for cubic inches." Ford has managed to stay in the game with valve timing, better flow, etc but there are limits.
That old saying really only holds true for engines of generally similar configuration and rpm range. It's less accurate when you're comparing a DOHC/4V engine against a pushrod/2V engine. The DOHC motor won't fully cover for a 24% disadvantage in displacement (6.2 vs 5.0), but it'll almost certainly be as good as a 10% bigger pushrod motor (5.0 DOHC vs 5.5 pushrod).

Norm

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a

FPCs are known to rev higher, but have a very unusual sound (for a V8). More like to inline 4s together, although the GT350 exhaust was tuned to make it more traditional.
Thanks for the explanation Twin Turbo :cheers:

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Oh. Why in god's name are people around here specifying? Ford isn't likely to make another Flat-plane V8 :headbonk:

Just fyi, it's not the GT350's exhaust that makes it sound different. It has a different firing order. The conventional firing order for a flat plane scavenges a lot better (more hp) and sounds like a Ferrari. The flat plane in the Voodoo has a firing order that produces a lot more torque, but the pulses are unbalanced. AFAIK, there are no other examples of flat plane V8s which use this configuration. A Voodoo is the only thing that sounds remotely close to a Voodoo.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

Deranged1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Why stop there? Go old school and bring back the 351 (5.8l). People would sell their left nut for a 351ci, gt350 heads, and cobra jet intake manifold. I can dream can't I?

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
A Voodoo is the only thing that sounds remotely close to a Voodoo.
Heh . . . a Voodoo doesn't even sound like a Voodoo when you put a set of 4 into 1 headers on it.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
FPCs are known to rev higher, but have a very unusual sound (for a V8). More like to inline 4s together,
Or like a crossplane crank engine with an X-pipe exhaust.

Norm
Sponsored