Sponsored

5.0 Exhaust Rattle

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Its not the resonator! The flex pipe after the cats rattles like crazy!! I have the same issue but not that loud!
Sponsored

magneticstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I started having this same rattle today, has anyone found a TSB for this issue yet or found the exact issue. I have a bone stock 5.0 MT and I want to go to the dealer with all the info I can to help speed up the process.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry

COSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Competition Orange 15 GT
I replaced my suitcase with an hpipe and now have a rattle and an exhaust leak. Tighten everything down twice. And it's still there, although I hear the rattle/tin noise coming from the muffler section

USAF

#GTFOsquad_0047
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 1993 GT
Be Props to Porter Ford, Newark De. :headbang:
service manager Rich & Lorenzo & Justice great job!!

Fix all problems in 3days and I had a loaner

Fixed
TSB brake squeal : new pads/rotors
Exhaust rattle : replace suitcase
Seats stiching : replaced seat covers

Take ur car here and deal with these guys they will take care and make it right!

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Brought mine in for exhaust rattle.. replacing the entire cat back system, the resonator went south.... progressively getting worse. Dealer ordered new system which I will be replace a little later with the Borla stype 3" cat backs

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
same for me. The replaces the entire cat back system. there are a few posts with the exact tab #.

Our 15 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT Premium, 6 sp auto, 401a, 20 "
well got mine back today they put a complete exhaust system on. This is now the 3rd exhaust hopefully it is fixed this time. otherwise in about 2500 miles it will be back for another replacement.:clap2:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Mine is rattling between 2100 and 2500 rpms especially on deceleration. I have the FRPP Borla Touring catback. I have adjusted and tightened clamps and adjusted some more but I cant seem to find the rattle anywhere and it drives me nuts with the windows down. Mine only seems to do it when its warm.
I just noticed the same thing on my GT tonight. I usually give the engine a few 3000~3500 revs in the garage when I get home to listen to the motor for any changes. Tonight I could hear a rattle under the car as the tach swept down during deceleration past 2500~2000 RPM. Never heard this noise before. Will have to monitor to see if it comes and goes or gets worse with time. Only have 1180 miles on the car.

Fletcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Same issues here at 6000 miles. Cold start rattle that has been getting worse, and it is intermittent on deceleration. Taking it in tomorrow AM. will update!

Sponsored

Fletcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Dealer says it is the resonator, part on order. Hopefully the new one holds up until I finally give in and get a catback

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If mine turns out to be the resonator I think I'll just get an resonator delete/X-pipe setup. What's a decent X-piece brand to replace the whole resonator unit with?

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
If mine turns out to be the resonator I think I'll just get an resonator delete/X-pipe setup. What's a decent X-piece brand to replace the whole resonator unit with?
Just get a Magnaflow Competition cat-back :thumbsup::thumbsup:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just noticed the same thing on my GT tonight. I usually give the engine a few 3000~3500 revs in the garage when I get home to listen to the motor for any changes. Tonight I could hear a rattle under the car as the tach swept down during deceleration past 2500~2000 RPM. Never heard this noise before. Will have to monitor to see if it comes and goes or gets worse with time. Only have 1180 miles on the car.
Update on my exhaust rattle. I checked the torque on the ball joint clamp that's located after the driver's side cat, below the driver's seat area - exhaust system was cold. The torque spec is 22 ft-lbs. I checked the bolt at 22 ft-lbs and the bolt moved just a hair. So I bumped the torque up to 25 ft-lbs and the bolt turned maybe 1/8 turn more. Have not heard the rattle anymore after tightening that clamp a little more.

JRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Did you guys hear the rattle soon after you took delivery on your cars or did it show up later? Mine is a almost a year old with no rattle.
Sponsored