OP

ztdoyle14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2017
I did the Borla "Touring" resonator to replace the X pipe on my Active S type cat back. Made a huge difference. It is dramatically quieter now. So I would say the Borla Touring cat back would be a solid choice. I love my setup now, it is a little quiet but has that "Borla" tone back that I love...

IMG_4867.jpeg

IMG_4868.jpeg
Im trying to replace only a part or two verses an entire cat back. Would the toruing axleback and putting the cats on with already have x pipes and long tube headers work? Again there is just so many options so im unsure.
Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Im trying to replace only a part or two verses an entire cat back. Would the toruing axleback and putting the cats on with already have x pipes and long tube headers work? Again there is just so many options so im unsure.
Well, the "Touring" system is mainly an S type with a resonator. Take out the resonator and put in an x pipe and you have an "S type" at that point. My S type with X pipe was STUPID loud, and my headers are catted. The cats don't quieten it down that much. The headers themselves is where all the extra volume comes from. The cats only muffle a little bit. I have heard catted header cars mated to the factory cat back that are pretty loud, a lot of guys do that.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I did the Borla "Touring" resonator to replace the X pipe on my Active S type cat back. Made a huge difference. It is dramatically quieter now. So I would say the Borla Touring cat back would be a solid choice. I love my setup now, it is a little quiet but has that "Borla" tone back that I love...

IMG_4867.jpeg

IMG_4868.jpeg
Nice and clean exhaust setup there! Let’s hear it at idle in Track/drag mode at idle and with some revs or a drive-by. Thanks

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
There so many options and it confuses the crap out of me. If I were to get my cats back on, what would it be replacing? I need the cats for sure and I was thinking about switching the roush axleback for the touring or the corsas.
Depends how quiet you want it. If you want just above stock, you need to cut and weld in stock cats/ go back to stock headers, as cats are a part of the headers. After that, a loud catback isnt that loud, but if youre after a stock ish or close to that volume, then you can go a touring option from any brand

SnowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grabber
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2017 ECOboost, Saleen S351
My exhaust set up is way too loud for me now and I am looking to get it quieter. I wanted to see if anyone had good opinions or ideas for the change.

Right now I have BBK long tube headers-> off road connection pipes -> X pipes -> Roush axle back exhaust.

I want to get my cats back on but most likely change my mid pipes as well. Please let me know if you have suggestions.
I don't doubt that's loud. I think it would sound good with 2x200 cell cats put on. That would put it right on the edge of to loud but kinda sorta maybe not TOO loud lol
Sponsored