Sponsored

4.10 gears in an automatic?

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Not an auto car here, but I just installed the USgear 4.11's in my car. Really helped with the torque loss from going with locked VCT cams. The other reason I geared the car was to correct the MPH/gear ratio that was skewed with the car runnning a 9k rpm redline.

I would reccomend a converter before gears on a 6r80 car. If you're not running a setup similar to mine, I don't see any reason for the auto cars to run steeper than 3.55 in mostly stock form.
Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
The OP is talking about a road course and everyone else is talking about drag racing. To the best of my knowledge the car has to be geared for the specific road course or at least a happy medium. A course with a very long straightaway would not do well with 4 something gears. The OP should really provide more information about the track he is running and what RPM's he is currently seeing on the longest straightaway of the course and what he is seeing in the slowest turns.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I didn't see him mention anything about running a road course.

Sponsored

Bkingnorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I hate to perpetuate some people's ignorant negativity about lower gears for the S550 but I too am trying to get ahold of a set of 4.11s from U.S. Gear. I would love to try them out. I am working on a 1st gear elimination tune to launch in 2nd. Do the math and look how it would improve rpm drop on 2-3-4 shifts. Then throw a series of converters at it and see what it likes.