mSTANG_1

No Limit
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Just installed the 350R spoiler by Carbon Dynamics. Looks great only concern I have is that it wobbles at the top while driving 55 mph or higher. Not an installation issue. Has anyone else experienced this? wonder if the OEM spoiler the Shelby has has same issue.

I'm really concerned if it will loosen up and cause damage or and up breaking.
Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Pics of said spoiler?

OP
OP

mSTANG_1

No Limit
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tan
Vehicle(s)
Pictures will be posted soon...actually it's more of a vibration versus wobbling. I was informed this is normal:shrug:

Livernois, I'm local to you folks. If you would like to see it I can stop in. You know who I'm as I have your tune, thermostat, downpipe along with several other items installed on my EcoBoost. I'm waiting for you folks to install the oil cooler next:thumbsup:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Sounds strange, first time I've heard of the GT350R wings wobbling...

Sponsored

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
I've owned several Subaru Impreza STI's, and their spoilers always vibrated at speed. I wouldn't be concerned, unless you feel like you're getting lift vs downforce.

bmfa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Cammo 2015 GT
Just installed the 350R spoiler by Carbon Dynamics. Looks great only concern I have is that it wobbles at the top while driving 55 mph or higher. Not an installation issue. Has anyone else experienced this? wonder if the OEM spoiler the Shelby has has same issue.

I'm really concerned if it will loosen up and cause damage or and up breaking.
I will say a few things on this matter.
1. Getting anything taken care of through them will be IMPOSSIBLE.
2. I too, have the same issue. I have had mine up to 140 mph (in Mexico) ;) and it is still there. It's unbelievable how much downforce these thing make!
3. It's a pain, but if you remove the bolts and put lock-tite on them it should make you feel a little better about it.
4. I'm still waiting on my carbon fiber wing from them, and then I will put double sided tape down between the wing and the deck lid and that should help.

Good luck man.

OP
OP

mSTANG_1

No Limit
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the suggestions - will try that. The spoiler does come with 3M tape as well as bolts. I wonder if it's only with CD's spoiler or if all R spoilers experience the vibration at the top. I know Anderson Composites is coming out with one however, not sure if they have the same issue. Hopefully, other folks will chime in that have the R spoiler with their input.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Sounds strange, first time I've heard of the GT350R wings wobbling...
Cheap replica that does not have the strength of the original.

The GT350R's profile is quite aggressive with a lot of angle and a thin profile. I'm not that surprised to hear fluttering issues on a knock-off that's not as stiff or made to the same standard as OEM. The OEM wing is VERY stiff and is thus, not cheap. If you've ever seen a real 350R in person and pushed on or tried to bend the wing, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Flutter at 55mph sounds pretty bad and might be prone to fail at triple-digit speeds. I would NOT mount a R replica wing with only 3M tape. Strong, Light, Cheap -you can only have 2.

Sponsored
OP
OP

mSTANG_1

No Limit
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tan
Vehicle(s)
I know the quality of Anderson Composite products is top notch, wonder if their R wing has the same issue or some of the other vendors other than Carbon Dynamics. Might have to give Anderson Composites a call for their input. Kinda of annoying when you're driving even at 45 mph and look in the rear view mirror and see the top of the spoiler vibrating.
You would think when these Company's advertisement their wing is made 99% to the OEM, there would be no issues.

sidneyvega

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sidney
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How much did it end up costing you? And was it painted black when you got it? :D

marrero412002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOEY
Vehicle(s)
15 INGOT MUSTANG GT PP
no it real carbon fiber but the clear was bad just sold the car today
Sponsored