300A Stereo Settings

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 10 Speed Grabber Blue
Was doing some googling on best setup on the EQ and fade and balance settings for the base 300A stereo and found quite a few different suggestions. also read that changing the EQ settings on your IPhone helps also. I use youtube music app on my iphone, mostly rock music,(dorothy, pretty reckless, dirty honey, cannons, etc.) not real loud though. anyone have good advice on what settings you are using for best sound possible? also use the driver compensation or full car setting? i have it on full car now. thanks!
Sponsored

VoR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I can't help with the settings, but I must be old as I don't recognize any of those band names. Lol

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have full car setting on, I turned off the speed/volume adjustment. I totally forgot about the iPhone EQ, I use Apple Music. So I’m going to turn the Pop EQ on and then play around with it. I also have Dolby Atmos turned on to automatic (don’t recall if that’s an option for YouTube Music). Here are pictures of my settings, I may adjust them more depending on how the iPhone EQ adjusts. I prefer rock music as well but have a mix of rock, pop, even a little hip hop/rap. I like a little bass too, so my car EQ is set up for that. I don’t know the bands you listed, I have a good mix of 80’s, 90’s and early 2000’s rock. I have some current music for my kids but my playlist is mainly for me.

The stock speakers aren’t great, I may upgrade those soon. I used to do a fair amount of stereo upgrades back in my high school and college days, adding amps, subs and whatnot. I don’t think I’ll go that far this time around though, probably just swap out the stock speakers for some better ones. I’d rather listen to the Coyote anyway 🤣

IMG_2737.png

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I never tweaked anything on mine since I thought it was pretty decent (somehow better than the 9 speaker system). But following

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I can't help with the settings, but I must be old as I don't recognize any of those band names. Lol
they are pretty good, i discovered them mostly watching youtube, i am getting pretty old too lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I have full car setting on, I turned off the speed/volume adjustment. I totally forgot about the iPhone EQ, I use Apple Music. So I’m going to turn the Pop EQ on and then play around with it. I also have Dolby Atmos turned on to automatic (don’t recall if that’s an option for YouTube Music). Here are pictures of my settings, I may adjust them more depending on how the iPhone EQ adjusts. I prefer rock music as well but have a mix of rock, pop, even a little hip hop/rap. I like a little bass too, so my car EQ is set up for that. I don’t know the bands you listed, I have a good mix of 80’s, 90’s and early 2000’s rock. I have some current music for my kids but my playlist is mainly for me.

The stock speakers aren’t great, I may upgrade those soon. I used to do a fair amount of stereo upgrades back in my high school and college days, adding amps, subs and whatnot. I don’t think I’ll go that far this time around though, probably just swap out the stock speakers for some better ones. I’d rather listen to the Coyote anyway 🤣

IMG_2737.png
thank you for the settings, mine are currently pretty similar to that, will have to double check later. yeah i did not know about the iphone settings either till did some research. do you find that having fade to center you can not hear the rear speakers much? i have mine on center now too

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)

IMG_2737.png
let me know what iphone eq you think works best, i have not tried it out yet, there are lots of choices, i was going to try the rock eq setting first.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
thank you for the settings, mine are currently pretty similar to that, will have to double check later. yeah i did not know about the iphone settings either till did some research. do you find that having fade to center you can not hear the rear speakers much? i have mine on center now too
I think having fade to center is a good mix. If I had the 9 speaker setup I’d have the fade shaded towards the front. That’s really ideal as you want the sound coming towards you, not from behind (think concerts, most home audio setups, etc). But with only 6 speakers I feel like some rear support is needed

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
let me know what iphone eq you think works best, i have not tried it out yet, there are lots of choices, i was going to try the rock eq setting first.
Will do, I’m going to start with Pop then will try Rock next. I’m just not sure if the car stereo EQ adjusts for those settings, if they mash up or if the car EQ just takes over. If I had to guess, the iPhone EQ is probably more for headphones but I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
when i was googling it earlier, people claimed it made a difference in the bass, will try mine out later today on way home too
Will do, I’m going to start with Pop then will try Rock next. I’m just not sure if the car stereo EQ adjusts for those settings, if they mash up or if the car EQ just takes over. If I had to guess, the iPhone EQ is probably more for headphones but I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
when i was googling it earlier, people claimed it made a difference in the bass, will try mine out later today on way home too
Yeah I just don’t know without trying unfortunately. I’ve been out of the car audio game for over 20 years now, cell phones with music didn’t exist yet LOL. So I have no idea if car EQ’s work with phone EQ’s or not

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I am the same, have not done an aftermarket stereo system since my 97 Chevy S-10 SS , had an amp, new speakers, new head unit, 10 inch sub, etc. lol. had CD's back in those days, thanks!
Yeah I just don’t know without trying unfortunately. I’ve been out of the car audio game for over 20 years now, cell phones with music didn’t exist yet LOL. So I have no idea if car EQ’s work with phone EQ’s or not

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I am the same, have not done an aftermarket stereo system since my 97 Chevy S-10 SS , had an amp, new speakers, new head unit, 10 inch sub, etc. lol. had CD's back in those days, thanks!
Ok, so the Pop EQ in Apple Music SUCKS. Completely drains the sound. The sound does adjust for sure if you mess with the EQ settings on your iPhone for the music app. I played around with it a bit, with my current car EQ settings and with the phone EQ settings.

To me, car EQ settings are the best. Rock iPhone EQ plus my current settings doesn’t change much, except the volume gets reduced a bit. Not exactly sure why. If you set your car EQ settings to zero and then use Rock on your iPhone, good combo as well because there’s nothing for the phone to override really. Hip Hop phone EQ isn’t bad either, but the bass isn’t as crisp but that might be the less than stellar OEM speakers.

So much to my surprise, the phone and car EQ’s do interact. I’m not sure the sound is the best when you have two different EQ settings trying to play with each other. So I would say go with a car EQ or set them to 0 and use an iPhone EQ. Rock sounds the best to me so far from a phone EQ perspective

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Ok, so the Pop EQ in Apple Music SUCKS. Completely drains the sound. The sound does adjust for sure if you mess with the EQ settings on your iPhone for the music app. I played around with it a bit, with my current car EQ settings and with the phone EQ settings.

To me, car EQ settings are the best. Rock iPhone EQ plus my current settings doesn’t change much, except the volume gets reduced a bit. Not exactly sure why. If you set your car EQ settings to zero and then use Rock on your iPhone, good combo as well because there’s nothing for the phone to override really. Hip Hop phone EQ isn’t bad either, but the bass isn’t as crisp but that might be the less than stellar OEM speakers.

So much to my surprise, the phone and car EQ’s do interact. I’m not sure the sound is the best when you have two different EQ settings trying to play with each other. So I would say go with a car EQ or set them to 0 and use an iPhone EQ. Rock sounds the best to me so far from a phone EQ perspective
Interesting, I will check it out here in a while on way home, did you try the increase bass setting yet? not sure how that would be with the stock speakers either. let us know if you find a really good setting, i never knew iphone had all those EQ settings before today.
Sponsored