Sponsored

3/8 Spacers above my lower springs

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I put the BMR lower springs on the rear however I don't like the tyre tucked up in the arch. If i use a 3/8 spacer how much will it rise at the arch, will it be 3/8 or will it be more. has anyone tried this.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I put the BMR lower springs on the rear however I don't like the tyre tucked up in the arch. If i use a 3/8 spacer how much will it rise at the arch, will it be 3/8 or will it be more. has anyone tried this.
If you're referring to Steeda's spring spacers, they will raise the rear double the thickness of the spacer.

1/8" raises 1/4"
1/4" raises 1/2"
3/8" raises 3/4"

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
If you're referring to Steeda's spring spacers, they will raise the rear double the thickness of the spacer.

1/8" raises 1/4"
1/4" raises 1/2"
3/8" raises 3/4"
Out of curiosity, how does that work out? It is just the one spacer on top of the springs, right (opposed to a spacer on top and bottom)? Not sure why a 1/4" thick spacer would raise a car 1/2".

Not saying you are wrong, more along the lines of trying to understand why that happens. :shrug:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity, how does that work out? It is just the one spacer on top of the springs, right (opposed to a spacer on top and bottom)? Not sure why a 1/4" thick spacer would raise a car 1/2".

Not saying you are wrong, more along the lines of trying to understand why that happens. :shrug:
It's because of the motion ratio of wheel to spring. A 1/4" change at the spring results in a 1/2" change at the wheel. This is also why the rear spring rates are so much higher than the front.

Wheel rate = (spring rate)*(motion ratio^2)

OP
OP
spogshd

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Bmac so it will still be lower than stock but not by much.
That's what I'm after. I've gone 38mm offset with 295x35x20 on 10 1/2 rims
I would have been better using 275 s as when it bottoms out it just catch the archs on the very top of the
Tyre wall.
I like a bit of poke and to see a gap maybe I should have just left the stock springs in but I've
Swapped everything to BMR .

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Bmac so it will still be lower than stock but not by much.
That's what I'm after. I've gone 38mm offset with 295x35x20 on 10 1/2 rims
I would have been better using 275 s as when it bottoms out it just catch the archs on the very top of the
Tyre wall.
I like a bit of poke and to see a gap maybe I should have just left the stock springs in but I've
Swapped everything to BMR .
It will be higher in the rear than stock if you have BMR springs and 3/8" spacers. If you want to be at stock height, use 1/4" spacers. If you want in between where you are now and stock, use 1/8".
Sponsored