Sponsored

3-4k rpm fast rattle under load with video

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Figured I would come here first. 3-4k rpm only and under medium to heavy throttle under load.

Does not do it stationary and reving nor does it do it on a slow rev up to 4k while driving. Only when i get into it. My gut is telling me tensioners that i already had replaced at 19k miles. Car has 65k.. take a listen. Almost like a rattle snake sound.

Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Sounds like injectors to me

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I just added a bottle of redline s1-1 fuel system cleaner so maybe that will help.

If not prob time to replace the injectors.

Thank you for your help. Im hoping its not serious.

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Here is a better video.. Its on the second rpm rev.

Lonniesgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
What year is yours? Mines a 17' and has been doing it for a few months and I can't figure it out comes on around 3 grand and makes a fluttering/rattling sound it's getting louder and I can hear it coming from the center like behind radio or straight underneath but pretty loud. It's not exhaust unless one of my header gaskets are leaking. But it's strange how it comes on right at 3k rpms.

Sponsored

Lonniesgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I had injectors professionally cleaned and that didn't help so I don't think it's your injectors

CR151S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP M6
Here is a better video.. Its on the second rpm rev.

Mine has this exact sound. Tuner couldn’t figure out what it was and I made great power, no issues. So who knows?!

edit: also - I ripped the sound tube out and didn’t replace the firewall grommet so mine is pretty loud.

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
What year is yours? Mines a 17' and has been doing it for a few months and I can't figure it out comes on around 3 grand and makes a fluttering/rattling sound it's getting louder and I can hear it coming from the center like behind radio or straight underneath but pretty loud. It's not exhaust unless one of my header gaskets are leaking. But it's strange how it comes on right at 3k rpms.
I have a 16.. mine seems to be coming from outside driver side engine area i think. I taped my phone under the hood to get audio but its hard to tell

Lonniesgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I have a 16.. mine seems to be coming from outside driver side engine area i think. I taped my phone under the hood to get audio but its hard to tell

Ok. Mine you can really hear with windows up and coming thru firewall or floor. But it is identical to yours. Mine doesn't quit when I get to 4k it keeps going with upper rpms. Hopefully you can get yours figured out. Mines going into a shop on friday just to help pinpoint it. I'll let you know what I find out maybe it can help you too.

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Mine has this exact sound. Tuner couldn’t figure out what it was and I made great power, no issues. So who knows?!

edit: also - I ripped the sound tube out and didn’t replace the firewall grommet so mine is pretty loud.
I also took off the sound tube but mines plugged. I wonder if it could be the clutch springs rattling? I was under car and checked everything. Couple missing plastic shield guard fastners but no luck.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT

This is good to know its not detonation or pinging, im sure your tuner looked for that.

I was curious about that as well. But i had the Ford Performancr power pack 2 kit years back and took it off due to detonation. Sounds different than that.

CR151S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP M6
This is good to know its not detonation or pinging, im sure your tuner looked for that.

I was curious about that as well. But i had the Ford Performancr power pack 2 kit years back and took it off due to detonation. Sounds different than that.
my car also has a TON of clutch chatter but that sounds different and comes on at different times in my case.

Yes the tuner data logged and drove around with me to real world test after he had built the tune on the dyno. No detonation or pinging. (Unfortunately I don’t have the logs myself to see or show)

I’m glad I’m not the only one with this though because I was certain this isn’t the same bbq tic everyone else has.

Lonniesgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Wonder if it could be the flex joint. My passenger side one is ripped on the bottom. I have longtubes catless exhaust. Have you checked your flex joint?

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Wonder if it could be the flex joint. My passenger side one is ripped on the bottom. I have longtubes catless exhaust. Have you checked your flex joint?

I just had the car checked for exhaust leaks and mentioned the flex joint and they said it was good. I do have a leak but he said he doubts thats where the rattle is coming from. Im hoping its not the timing chain tensioner. Seems to happen at peak torque 3.5 to 4k. I took a rubber mallet yesterday to the piping and lightly tapped the converter but no rattles. Ill be taking it into a shop next week to diagnose as well.

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
my car also has a TON of clutch chatter but that sounds different and comes on at different times in my case.

Yes the tuner data logged and drove around with me to real world test after he had built the tune on the dyno. No detonation or pinging. (Unfortunately I don’t have the logs myself to see or show)

I’m glad I’m not the only one with this though because I was certain this isn’t the same bbq tic everyone else has.

Yea i have the bbq tick but it goes away with ceratec been doing that after oil changes for years. I can reproduce that at idle with slight throttle.
Sponsored