Sponsored

2nd 2017 gt350 motor replacement on the horizon

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Shiiitttttt...I can get you to 145% lol that leaves A LOT of room on something like a 350 or raptor
Sponsored

Racsirx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
This makes me wonder if I should get a GT350, but back in the day when I got my 88 Mustang GT Ford told me it was normal to burn a quart every 600 miles, which was about right and I still own that GT, you ever think on getting a BMW maybe a M3, I love the service I get at BMW, I get a free loaner car every time I go in and it was was super easy to get them to buy back a BMW that was a problem child, then even made my $1K payment when it was in the shop for over a month

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
This makes me wonder if I should get a GT350, but back in the day when I got my 88 Mustang GT Ford told me it was normal to burn a quart every 600 miles, which was about right and I still own that GT, you ever think on getting a BMW maybe a M3, I love the service I get at BMW, I get a free loaner car every time I go in and it was was super easy to get them to buy back a BMW that was a problem child, then even made my $1K payment when it was in the shop for over a month
I'm a little dismayed at the inconsistency with the oil consumption from one GT350 to the next. Once I got through the break in, it burns no oil. A little loss in my passenger side catch can, but not enough to make the level change on my dipstick, have gone 4,000 miles now with no change in oil level. And my 92 GT burns half a quart in 3,000 miles with 140,000 miles now on it.
Disclaimer: I've never been on a track with the GT350 and very rarely go beyond 5,000 RPM, sad I know.

Last edited:

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
4000 miles and no change?? wow..I have to add a quart every 700mls

OP
OP

chase527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350 oxford white/black stripes
I'm a little dismayed at the inconsistency with the oil consumption from one GT350 to the next. Once I got through the break in, it burns no oil. A little loss in my passenger side catch can, but not enough to make the level change on my dipstick, have gone 4,000 miles now with no change in oil level. And my 92 GT burns half a quart in 3,000 miles with 140,000 miles now on it.
I think when the technicians installed my 1st replacement motor they might of did something incorrectly, they did put the correct amount of oil in for the first oil change though because the car still burned 1.5-2 quarts in 750 miles during the consumption test.

Sponsored

OP
OP

chase527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That still seems like excessive burning to me, unless you track the car anytime your in it.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Strange, that's a tremendous amount of oil, that means in 7,000 miles your oil would be completely gone if you didn't add any.

Last edited:
OP
OP

chase527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish ford would have offered to pay my payments, even though I won the case I still have to wait for ford attorney to work out the numbers and then I have to wait for ford to contact me about surrendering the vehicle, in the mean time I must make all payments or else my credit will be affected.

OP
OP

chase527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Strange, that's a tremendous amount of oil, that means in 7,000 miles your oil would be completely gone if you didn't add any.
Yet when you go to dealer for oil change they slap on a tag that maps out next oil change 7500 miles out, I only found out about acceptable burning range from this forum. Never got any thing in mail or any warning from dealer.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Yet when you go to dealer for oil change they slap on a tag that maps out next oil change 7500 miles out, I only found out about acceptable burning range from this forum. Never got any thing in mail or any warning from dealer.
LOL. Rather than change the oil maybe the motor should should just be replaced every 7,500... until you are out of warranty of course. That will teach them.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I wish ford would have offered to pay my payments, even though I won the case I still have to wait for ford attorney to work out the numbers and then I have to wait for ford to contact me about surrendering the vehicle, in the mean time I must make all payments or else my credit will be affected.
They will never "offer" you that. They will compensate you fairly closely, but you have to call them repeatedly and hear a lot of "no we absolutely can't do that" before you get somewhere.

Since they are buying your car back though that is the compensation. You should get all of your money back minus the agreed upon mileage usage.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I think part of the equation for the variability in oil consumption between cars is location and climate. I have been keep track over the past 15,000+ miles and this is what I am finding:
Over 2 winters of driving during the cold season, my oil temp never gets beyond 182 degrees. My GT350 uses about 1/2 quart in 4,000 miles. Of course I am driving the car more conservatively in cold weather when it is below 40 degrees.
During the summer the oil temp is usually between 210 and 220 degrees. The car uses about 1 quart in 2500 miles.

Racsirx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
BMW was super easy to deal, I just asked to make the payment since they had it over a month and a few days they said no problem, then when they had it over 7 weeks I asked if they could buy it back and said no problem and offered me $5K less than what I paid for it on a car I had for 2.5 years
Sponsored