Reaction score
Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ecoboost - Pre-Production #280 Product Planning & Styling Vehicle
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! I just hit 200k with my 2015 Ecoboost today. I would drive it anywhere. And I feel like I have. Great car.

IMG_20220307_183347.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

omelet1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited
@omelet1978
220k - impressive! I probably wouid be there too or closing in on it. I had a similar route Pre-COVID, which was 500+ miles a week (excluding weekends), roughly same annual miles as you too... Since COVID, been sidelined to telecommuting... so miles driven has been practically nothing the last 2 years.

I'm curious - with all the forum hub-bub about the valves getting carboned up, have you opened up your top end at all or scoped the cylinders to see what everything looks like?

What oil have you been using under your ownership? Take any other precautions such as any injector cleaner, fuel additives, etc?

I've just put regular oil in there the entire time and the car is running fine after 6 years. Most of my stuff is highway miles. A couple of years ago I did a lot of work to her to include swapping out a lot of the fluids but for the most part just change the oil and rotate the tires. I've had multiple mechanics look at her and they have not pointed out any issues.

I have no idea how long my Mustang will last honestly, but hoping to get a few more years out of this car.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
[QUOTE="']
I have run a can of sea foam in mine last tank full but no idea if it helps or not and with only 6000 miles on car not sure it was necessary but could not hurt either.

BD
[/QUOTE]

For direct injection engines you need something with PEA
gumout, or royal purple .... look for PEA on the label.

Seafoam wont help.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
What is PEA.

BD

Sponsored

Buldawg76