22 S550 Tracking Thread

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
No idea where my car is right now. Boat docked on Thursday and went back out to sea and then again Saturday and my dealer said it's not in their system and it's not in the car transport company's system. It's killing me knowing everything is so close but I still don't have an ETA. There is another car of theirs on the same boat they couldn't find either.

It better not still be on the ship. :S.. I'm not sure what to think.
Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
My worst fears have been realised. I got an email from my dealer saying there is a quarantine issue and the boat was sent straight to Melbourne for the Department of Agriculture to deal with. So not ETA at this stage. Could be still weeks or months yet.

To be this close and have it taken away is just cruel.

ZeusF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Convertible MY23
My worst fears have been realised. I got an email from my dealer saying there is a quarantine issue and the boat was sent straight to Melbourne for the Department of Agriculture to deal with. So not ETA at this stage. Could be still weeks or months yet.

Mate what a body shot. So close.

Surely with millions $$ worth of goods on board. They'll sort it all out relatively quickly mate and get the ship back up to QLD asap.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
So, so sorry to hear this. When you posted earlier I was wondering if it might be growths on the hull. I had friends that just had the cruise-from-hell for biological growths on the hull. Port calls cancelled until hull was cleaned at-sea! Hopefully your ship gets in port soon!

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Mate what a body shot. So close.

Surely with millions $$ worth of goods on board. They'll sort it all out relatively quickly mate and get the ship back up to QLD asap.
From what I understand there is massive backlog and there have been several ships with issues. My wife and I ordered and MG in July with expected September delivery. It still hasnā€™t arrived at the dealer due to being quarantined with seeds. We bought a different car instead last month.
I think the process will be to clean the cars and then ship them to wherever they need to go by road. Iā€™ve emailed Ford and asked for more Info as I have no idea what the quarantine issue is and how long it will take.
It will either be BMSB (a bug) or dirt/seeds. Iā€™ve read some info that says the process can take 18-30 days depending on treatment but that is exasperated atm due to the backlog and congestion.

Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
So, so sorry to hear this. When you posted earlier I was wondering if it might be growths on the hull. I had friends that just had the cruise-from-hell for biological growths on the hull. Port calls cancelled until hull was cleaned at-sea! Hopefully your ship gets in port soon!
Thank you. Yeah itā€™s an issue with something inside the boat. Iā€™ve tried to do as much research as I can but there isnā€™t a lot of info out there. Itā€™s a problem affecting many car manufacturers down here is Oz atm.

Last edited:

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
My dealer replied last night to my email I sent asking for more information. He just said he has no information but is checking daily as he has another customer with a car in the same situation.
Waiting for Ford Australia customer service to email me back. Not sure how long replies from them take.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
I am probably one of the last to take delivery of my MY22. Dealer supplied invoice today so it's super close now but still don't know exactly when I take delivery. Bonus is there is no price increase from when I ordered in June last year.

Been a long wait, including a 2 month delay due to quarantine issue into Australia but the time to collect my new ride is almost here.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Fantastic , happy for you , i hope they throw in some floor mats or something in appreciation of your immense patience , least they can do

I am probably one of the last to take delivery of my MY22. Dealer supplied invoice today so it's super close now but still don't know exactly when I take delivery. Bonus is there is no price increase from when I ordered in June last year.

Been a long wait, including a 2 month delay due to quarantine issue into Australia but the time to collect my new ride is almost here.

Last edited:

Fedj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1986 SVO, 1995 Mstng GT, 2020 Edge ST, 22 Mstng GT

I'm glad you're finally getting it. You are going to love the B&O. I think I have caused permanent hearing damage, but it sounds So So good. : )

Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
So apparently, because I haven't dealt with enough delays and issues already, the universe has decided to punish me just that little bit more.

Car has been damaged during transit and they are replacing the front bumper and grill. So yet again more delays while I wait for it to be fixed. If I don't laugh about this I think I would cry.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Dealer tells me March 31st delivery. The are pushing it forward to get done. Also got myself front and rear dashcams at cost price plus free install. Dealer has been pretty awesome during this late stage.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
She's home.

image11.jpeg

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score