Sponsored

20mm bolt on adapters - do I need to cut the studs?

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I have the OEM PP wheels and I'm looking at fitting 20mm bolt on adapters/spacers to the rear of my GTPP. Some threads I've searched suggest the stock studs need to be cut down a few mm while some others say it's not an issue. I would have thought all PP wheels are made equally in which case the 20mm either works or is does not.

Can anyone confirm?
Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Yes, if you have the PP wheels, you will need to cut the studs down by 3 millimeters.

racered_ppGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i didnt have to cut mine.....

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
I am interested in installing 20 mm spacers on my GTPP and every person that has done it has said that they needed to cut the stud since it makes contact with the wall of the pocket of the PP wheel.

Have you removed your wheels after installing the spacers to look for marks/damage left by the studs on the wheel?

Last edited:

racered_ppGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am interested in installing 20 mm spacers on my GTPP and every person that has done it has said that they needed to cut the stud since it makes contact with the wall of the pocket of the PP wheel.

Have you removed your wheels after installing the spacers to look for marks left by the studs on the wheel?
i actually just took them off the other day to repair my ripped valve stem, and i didnt see any marks. ive had them on for about 9 months and 13-14k miles daily driving the car for 80 miles a day on not the best roads, and i def have not been taking it easy on the car, its been dyno'd with them on and everything and i havent had any problems. ive never heard of having to cut the studs down

Sponsored

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Instead of cutting the stud you can drill the PP wheel a bit. Thats what I did. There's alot of extra material to compensate for the spacer, instead of cutting the stud.

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
i learned the hard way man. order 15R 20F found this out, sent back the 15 for another set of 20s, found 20 wasnt enough, sent them all back and now waiting for adaptech 23mm which are made to order...fffuuu

OP
OP
spiller

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
^^^ I ended up sticking to my original plan of 15mm rear/20 front with extended ARP studs. I'm really pleased with the look, somewhere between OEM and aggressive which is exactly what I wanted.

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
i didnt feel like knocking out studs. u have to remove the half shafts and brakes?!

Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Installed my 20 mm spacers yesterday on my GTPP and sure enough, all studs needed to be cut in order for the wheels to fit.

In my opinion, 20 mm in the front is perfect. 20 mm has a hair of poke in the back. I'm considering removing the 20 mm spacers in the rear and installing 15 mm instead.
Sponsored

Last edited: