Sponsored

2024 Dark Horse available

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That probably the most disappointing part of the car, that it really doesn’t feel like a totally new generation like we all thought it would be. I agree that it does feel more like the S197 refresh in 2011 than when 6G came out in MY2015. Although I will continue to say I’m glad Mustang with an ICE V8 is still around while its competition has packed up and gone home.
The thing about the S197 refresh is that the Mustang got the Coyote for the first time and went from 315 HP to 420 HP. That was a huge improvement in the car, and if I had been a buyer of a 2010 I would have been ready to immediately turn around and buy a 2011. The car was improved that much - it was almost a must have.

I'm glad the S650 has an ICE, but Ford really isn't trying to make the car desirable. IMO generally it's a downgrade from the S550. Noticeably heavier and the engine really didn't improve significantly. And the complexity of the engine is increased. The interior screens are fine, but that's not an improvement in my opinion.

I've seen one S650 on the road around here now. I didn't like it. I never loved the styling of the S550, but I bought based on a handling performance improvement due to IRS. There's just really nothing about the S650 that seems worth it - especially the MSRP from Ford is just insane. They should have really decreased the price due to the car not being an improvement over the previous model. A slight increase of 2 or 4 percent maybe, but in my opinion the price was too high in 2021 with the Mach 1 as well. The price should have been corrected downward.

I feel like Ford is killing the Mustang with high prices and poor performance. Any improvements in the NA cars since 2015 when the GT350 came out are all aero and tires, with nothing done to make the car lighter or more powerful.

Sponsored

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base
Winner Ford has a 2024 Dark Horse that is available in their show room. 700A package, also painted hood and stripe package and handling package. $78,830 + $5,000 AMV. Contact Chris Long Salesman at Winner Ford at 856-428-4000, 250 Berlin Road, Cherry Hill, N. J. 08034, [email protected] , winnerford.com.

IMG_8124.jpeg

IMG_8121.jpeg

IMG_8122.jpeg

IMG_8123.jpeg

IMG_8125.jpeg
give me a minute to think about it....nope!

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
If I were still shopping, I would seriously consider buying a used mustang and modding up. Plenty of other options for that amount of money.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Noticeably heavier
Except they’re not. LMR, CJPP and others have done weight comparisons. And look at Ford’s advertised curb weights. Less than 100 lbs difference in advertised curb weights. The LMR and CJPP comparisons are less than that.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Except they’re not. LMR, CJPP and others have done weight comparisons. And look at Ford’s advertised curb weights. Less than 100 lbs difference in advertised curb weights. The LMR and CJPP comparisons are less than that.
I'd hate to carry around an extra 100 lbs. Seems noticeable to me.

I would also make a big deal of it if they had managed to reduce the weight by 100 lbs. But they didn't.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'd hate to carry around an extra 100 lbs. Seems noticeable to me.

I would also make a big deal of it if they had managed to reduce the weight by 100 lbs. But they didn't.
The 100lbs is the premium GT vert weights as an FYI. It’s less than 50 for the coupe/fastback. With the slight uptick in HP, I’d consider it a wash.

I totally agree that it would be nice if they shed weight. But, with all the safety regulations and technology added to these cars (and not just Mustang), it’s hard for anyone to make a car that gets lighter as the years go on. Unless you’re building a track-oriented car geared towards track enthusiasts (which the GT, Eco are not) most people don’t care how much the car weighs unfortunately.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Jasonb543

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
The level of cope in this thread is incredible.

Sadly, seems like a lot of people got left behind.

Speeds8erM-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold a bunch
Dealer probably doesn't want to sell it. Wants it for customer conversation.
Nope. They legitimately think they can move it. Most lots are way behind on what the market is doing because they still get a few 540 credit score dipshits who trade in upside down a week. The hype is dying and the dark horse isn't moving very well regardless.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The level of cope in this thread is incredible.

Sadly, seems like a lot of people got left behind.
I'm sure people were thinking that in 1974 when the Mustang II sold 386,000 units. But over time people who kept their older Mustangs were a lot happier.
Sponsored