2023 woodword dream cruiser

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
It's a pretty nice area, you'd be irritated as well if you own an $800,000 home and have to deal with derelicts racing their cars up and down the streets until midnight all summer.

The dream cruise is officially Saturday from 9:00-9:00 I believe, but the idiots think it's all summer long.

They should be heavily ticketed, and then towed if they're stupid enough to leave their car sitting around.
I agree, I didnt know what or where it was, heard it about it on TV and all. If it was just 1 day or even a weekend that would be great! But all the time, Naghhh, I would also feel the same way.
I feel that way in NYC when people come and visit 9/11 WTC site and think its Disney land,... All the tourists So i get it!
Anthony
Sponsored

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
oh ok, i didnt know. I'm from NY SHITTY! But always wanted to visit Detroit and michigan. =)
Anthony
Well......I lived there.

Wouldn't recommend Detroit as a vacation spot.:cwl:

1692367180189.png

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Well......I lived there.

Wouldn't recommend Detroit as a vacation spot.:cwl:

1692367180189.png
Lmaoooo Thats funny! I wanna visit the Big 3, old bldgs and stuff like that.. along with Ford museum etc.. Downtown Detroit too.
I grew up in the NYC in the early 80s lol So i can relate lol Im not scared hahahah Although NYC has become NY SHITTY, prb same as Detroit now. Sadly.........

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Lmaoooo Thats funny! I wanna visit the Big 3, old bldgs and stuff like that.. along with Ford museum etc.. Downtown Detroit too.
I grew up in the NYC in the early 80s lol So i can relate lol Im not scared hahahah Although NYC has become NY SHITTY, prb same as Detroit now. Sadly.........
Welllllllll.....Detroit is kinda on a whole different level.

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
Welllllllll.....Detroit is kinda on a whole different level.
I mean its like that in every city so don't make it sound so overblown lol. Just do the research on the areas to avoid and its perfectly fine. Like any big city there are nice areas and then also run down areas. Of course finding a house with a garage is another story but I do appreciate not having to hear about a new shooting every single morning on the news where I did when I was living in Chicagoland with my parents. Literally every other morning was like another shooting happened somewhere on the south side.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I mean its like that in every city so don't make it sound so overblown lol. Just do the research on the areas to avoid and its perfectly fine. Like any big city there are nice areas and then also run down areas. Of course finding a house with a garage is another story but I do appreciate not having to hear about a new shooting every single morning on the news where I did when I was living in Chicagoland with my parents. Literally every other morning was like another shooting happened somewhere on the south side.
There are almost no nice, safe areas left in Detroit. Just a few isolated little enclaves.

Jasonb543

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
He keeps saying Detroit… it’s not a Detroit event but only in name.
It’s much more royal oak, Birmingham etc.. in one of the wealthiest counties in the U.S.

also you’re wrong, Detroit proper has been gentrified quite nicely!

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
He keeps saying Detroit… it’s not a Detroit event but only in name.
It’s much more royal oak, Birmingham etc.. in one of the wealthiest counties in the U.S.

also you’re wrong, Detroit proper has been gentrified quite nicely!
I mentioned it was in Oakland County on the first page.

If Detroit has gentrified quite nicely, I'd like to know which part of it's 139 square miles has been. When I go down memory lane and look at my old neighborhood on Google maps, and a few others I knew well, it's just gotten worse since I left almost 20 years ago.

Teej1911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/'06 WRX Wagon/'09 Mini/'18 WRX
Just came back from the Dream Cruise and Roadkill Nights. 10/10 would recommend if you are even thinking about goin. I’m in Alabama and had to see it for myself. My buddy lives near there so he knew the ropes. Went to mustang alley and hung out in his GT500 while watchin awesome cars cruising around. One thing I was completely shocked was it was a Wednesday and the turnout was enormous. Fantastic car culture up there and everyone around the show was nice and having a good time.

Roadkill Nights was something else. Dodge sponsored it and had a riding experience where you pay to ride along in an auto cross course and a drag race. It rained for about an hour which caused the main drag spectacle to go on hold. These Hellcat cars were still rippin around and giving the people a show.

If you’re thinkin of goin, go. Who knows when it’s gunna be shut down.

lepak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
I registered for Mustang Ally. I volunteered to help park cars in the Ally 6am -9am.
I was thinking of putting a small paper on the dash so other members could see.
View attachment 778249
I'll be hanging out on Woodward today around 5 PM. I'm also registered for Mustang Alley tomorrow. I'll probably get there around 8 AM or so.

Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
My last derailing of this thread, moving my daughter into a downtown Detroit apartment next weekend as she starts law school at Wayne State in 2 weeks, and my office (even though I only go in once a month) is in the Ren Cen, so if I felt it was THAT unsafe we'd have her living at home.

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
My last derailing of this thread, moving my daughter into a downtown Detroit apartment next weekend as she starts law school at Wayne State in 2 weeks, and my office (even though I only go in once a month) is in the Ren Cen, so if I felt it was THAT unsafe we'd have her living at home.
Is it Ren Cen technically considered the East side of Detroit, which is one of the more dangerous areas or am I wrong? Its not like I didn't say Detroit couldn't be dangerous, every city has its no go zones for living, same as Chicago. But idk maybe after visiting friends on the Southside has gotten me partially numb to things.
I also make it a habit to not be out and about at evening or night in these areas anyways so maybe that also has a black mark on my perception. I've had the luxury of going into Detroit a few times and never thought it was worse than Chicago (comparing the worst of what I've been too for extended periods), I obviously do enough research to avoid living in these areas, but for a short vacation as long as you aren't staying in the sketchy parts, I can't imagine writing off the entire city. Especially considering there is plenty to do in the metro suburbs (maybe even more so than the city proper from my activities I like to do at least).

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I remember cruising Detroit and Milwaukee areas in the 60s. I miss those days.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Now it’s every morning

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Now it’s every morning
Yeah you're right. Low key I wonder why I leave my youtube subscription for ABC7 Chicago on, everytime I watch a segment from them it just reaffirms that the world sucks.
Sponsored