Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Status Updates:

Congratulations John, Chris and Jim :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@Jostrom8021 - Shipped from Plant

@Cgouzoulis - Shipped from Plant

@GT_4life - Received - In Transit
Your car has been unloaded and received by a trucking company for final delivery to your dealer.

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Its gonna be close, but you just might make that track attack. Did you call and see if there is still room?
Yes it is! There was, but my buddy wanted me to wait for him. I think we are going to the september event

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Its gonna be close, but you just might make that track attack. Did you call and see if there is still room?
Tom,
I truly hope your fiasco ends soon, all BS aside. Forget our differences, you dont deserve this shit.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom,
I truly hope your fiasco ends soon, all BS aside. Forget our differences, you dont deserve this shit.
Its more than what you know. There were problems at the dealership because this car was promised by December of '19. The deal was made for the sale and trade. Somehow my deal jacket was discarded and my record vanished. Everything was a distant memory. Yesterday, I went through hell to get it sorted. Every record from over the last 2 years (texts, emails, notes, printed copies) had to be combed through and provided. I shouldn't have had to do that. Ford dropped the ball and now my dealership was put in a hard position. Here they have a car that people are itching to buy for $30-$40K ADM, and then there is me with a trade (that has lost value over all this time) with an undisclosed ADM. This whole process sucks. I know I seem like a whining cry baby, but I went through a similar process with my avalanche grey R, not because of my dealership, but because Ford took their time building the car to the tune of about a year and a half. Strike one... Strike two... I don't think there will be a strike three. Why should I go through this? Why can't Ford build a car in a timely manner. Boil it all down.... Don't start something you can't finish. Now I'm going to have to do what Tob did and rip the car apart and undo all that oxidation from sitting outside all this time. If I am lucky, this car will have been outside for 2 months. If I am not so lucky? Who knows.

As for us and our discussion, don't worry about it. One person who used to be a good friend of mine was part of that HEP thread and you were seeing a reaction to that fallout. Its a shame. A good friend lost over a misunderstanding (on his part). As for the other nut job we discussed.... Some people belong here and some don't. People like us should be here doing what we do. Trolls IMHO are never welcome. And there is more behind that story too.

Forgive me if I seem intolerant, but I do speak my mind. I see others getting the shaft during this build and delivery process and not speaking up. Many involved are buying $100K+ mustangs with ADMs on top of it and they are afraid to speak their minds because they don't want to rock the boat.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Enough is enough. I asked my GM to put the full force of his dealership to persuade ford to cut the crap. Lets see what happens. Hold my beer and watch this.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Its more than what you know. There were problems at the dealership because this car was promised by December of '19. The deal was made for the sale and trade. Somehow my deal jacket was discarded and my record vanished. Everything was a distant memory. Yesterday, I went through hell to get it sorted. Every record from over the last 2 years (texts, emails, notes, printed copies) had to be combed through and provided. I shouldn't have had to do that. Ford dropped the ball and now my dealership was put in a hard position. Here they have a car that people are itching to buy for $30-$40K ADM, and then there is me with a trade (that has lost value over all this time) with an undisclosed ADM. This whole process sucks. I know I seem like a whining cry baby, but I went through a similar process with my avalanche grey R, not because of my dealership, but because Ford took their time building the car to the tune of about a year and a half. Strike one... Strike two... I don't think there will be a strike three. Why should I go through this? Why can't Ford build a car in a timely manner. Boil it all down.... Don't start something you can't finish. Now I'm going to have to do what Tob did and rip the car apart and undo all that oxidation from sitting outside all this time. If I am lucky, this car will have been outside for 2 months. If I am not so lucky? Who knows.

As for us and our discussion, don't worry about it. One person who used to be a good friend of mine was part of that HEP thread and you were seeing a reaction to that fallout. Its a shame. A good friend lost over a misunderstanding (on his part). As for the other nut job we discussed.... Some people belong here and some don't. People like us should be here doing what we do. Trolls IMHO are never welcome. And there is more behind that story too.

Forgive me if I seem intolerant, but I do speak my mind. I see others getting the shaft during this build and delivery process and not speaking up. Many involved are buying $100K+ mustangs with ADMs on top of it and they are afraid to speak their minds because they don't want to rock the boat.
I've read through your troubles, and i 100% agree. Theres bound to be issues with a car that sits outside....he'll, ive been throwing a fit over mine because of a broken interior door panel and it sat outside and I received a picture of it with bird crap all over, so I can try to imagine being as upset as you should be about sitting out. Throw in the crap you've been through and it compounds.
And yes, our conversation if I read you correctly, let's place it behind us. Im sure there were factors i was not aware of.
You have every right to be more than intolerant of what you've gone through with this process.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Enough is enough. I asked my GM to put the full force of his dealership to persuade ford to cut the crap. Lets see what happens. Hold my beer and watch this.
You have zero other choice. Im sure others will agree

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Tom, maybe I missed it but I wonder if there was a paint issue outside the normal agreement between Ford and Penske that needed to be corrected...?

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Tom, maybe I missed it but I wonder if there was a paint issue outside the normal agreement between Ford and Penske that needed to be corrected...?
I think there is a lot of that going on, it looks like all the cars returning from Penske are required to go through a QC inspection before being released for shipment.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Its a big mystery. If I knew, and it was something that Ford was taking care of on my behalf, I'd sit on my hands and have a nice hot cup of STFU. I dont want to have to rip my car apart like you did because of "a whole lot of I dont give a crap" going on.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Hi Tom,
I am very sorry to hear your car deal has been so troublesome. I don’t think it is fair that the dealership wants to change the deal and not honor the trade. It is not your fault that the car is taking so long to arrive. Even though people are willing to pay big ADMs to poach the car out from under you the dealer made a deal with you and they need to honor it. Is suing them an option if they screw you?

chase99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Raptor
Tom-
Asking because I’m short on good working brain cells these days. Does the oxidation occur in the summer months as bad as winter months when these cars sit outside?Thx

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Tom-
Asking because I’m short on good working brain cells these days. Does the oxidation occur in the summer months as bad as winter months when these cars sit outside?Thx
I would think its worse if its just sitting because of the humidity. Not certain about that