2019 Bullitt vs 2021 Mach 1

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I thought I would give some feedback on the comparison of these 2 models.

In 2019 I bought a new Bullitt with the electronics package and magneride. I owned the car for about 8 months and in that time I put a Whipple on it and a few months later sold it.

I ordered a new Mach 1 in late 2020 and it came in June of 21. It had options that made it similar to the Bullitt, leather, etc. No handling package, and it also had the Tremec 6 speed. I left the car stock and had a "life event" in which I sold it only 4 months later.

Recently I bought another used Bullitt with the same options as above. The car cost 41K, original owner, 29K miles, new tires, etc. Mint.

The M1 is slightly quieter. Stereos the same. There is lousy gearing in both, but the M1 has 5th 1:1 vs the Bullitt's gearing 4th 1:1. But there is little difference in daily driving either car. Though the Tremec shifts better, the Bullitt shifts very good. Not the big difference so many people talk about. At least to me.

Handling is better on the M1. It justs handles better. It is noticable.

Exhaust note on the Bullitt, in my opinion is unique as is the M1. Different than a stock GT with active exhaust (I owned GT premium with this). Better sounding than the GT, but different.

I get comments on the Bullitt more often than I did with the M1, but both are unique enough to garner observers.

When I looked at getting the Eruption green M1 recently, my order was canceled because of parts. I waited 8 mos and decided that it wasn't worth spending $17K more for almost the same car ( to me). Used the difference is about $11K.

Last is the gearing issue which has been discussed to death. The gear change is cheaper than a Whipple and easier on the clutch. If I mod this Bullitt, it will be with an axle ratio, not blower.

I hope this might help anyone looking to buy either. And of this writing, both cars are now out of production I believe.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Which gear will you go with and how do you intend to drive the car?

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Which gear will you go with and how do you intend to drive the car?
I am looking at going to Gingerman this year. But, really just for enjoyment. Drag strip a few times. If I do the gear, I would like something about 4.30. But don't think anyone makes something in that area. I know doing the math, with a rear axle ratio of 4.21 it will be the same overall gearing as the 2017 PP Mustang. But the '18 and up have a higher rpm range so 4.30 seems like it would be good. Definitely better on the clutch which started slipping at the DS with the whipple. Just shifting into 3rd at nearly 100 MPH seems crazy to me on a 6 speed.

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
Good feedback thank you! If they would have had a handling package manual to test drive on the spot I would have. I got the 10 speed and couldn't be happier. Would love to test drive a manual M1 and bullit one day! Thanks again.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I am looking at going to Gingerman this year. But, really just for enjoyment. Drag strip a few times. If I do the gear, I would like something about 4.30. But don't think anyone makes something in that area. I know doing the math, with a rear axle ratio of 4.21 it will be the same overall gearing as the 2017 PP Mustang. But the '18 and up have a higher rpm range so 4.30 seems like it would be good. Definitely better on the clutch which started slipping at the DS with the whipple. Just shifting into 3rd at nearly 100 MPH seems crazy to me on a 6 speed.
Please keep us posted on the gear mod and any improvement it brings to the table.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Good feedback thank you! If they would have had a handling package manual to test drive on the spot I would have. I got the 10 speed and couldn't be happier. Would love to test drive a manual M1 and bullit one day! Thanks again.
The eruption green M1 I ordered was a 10 speed. I have had a couple of 10 speed GTs and they are 1/2 second-1 second faster in the 1/4 than the stick.
Sponsored