2018 + S550 TPMS Disable Forscan

98SnakeHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt / 2013 F150 / 2006 F150
I'm guessing this would be the most appropriate thread for this. For those that are constantly switching between your drag pack and street tires it can get a bit frustrating dealing with resetting the TPMS sensors. For me I just decided I don't require the tire pressure monitoring system.

To do this in Forscan is very simple..

1. Go to the chip icon
2. Click IPC Module Configuration
3. Scroll down to TPMS Gauge
4. Choose to edit setting
5. Choose Disable
6. Click Write to Vehicle

This will get rid of the TPMS gauge function and TPMS light.
Sponsored

Last edited:

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Hey good to know! Is it legal? If there's an accident from a blown tire would I be in some trouble for doing this?

OP
OP
98SnakeHorse

98SnakeHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Hey good to know! Is it legal? If there's an accident from a blown tire would I be in some trouble for doing this?
I cant imagine the police officer investigating a tire related accident would ask if your tpms light has been deactivated so you should be good.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
You don’t have to reset the sensors. They relearn within a drive cycle or two.

source: I do this.

OP
OP
98SnakeHorse

98SnakeHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
You don’t have to reset the sensors. They relearn within a drive cycle or two.

source: I do this.
Interesting, I've been having issues with mine lately where they would sometimes relearn after swapping out the drag setup and other times it would take like 2 weeks before the light would go off. This is by no means my daily so it does not get driven often. Which could be my issue I was just tired of seeing the light.

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I cant imagine the police officer investigating a tire related accident would ask if your tpms light has been deactivated so you should be good.
The police on the scene probably wouldn't, but if it's a bad enough accident I bet the insurance company would look.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Is it legal? If there's an accident from a blown tire would I be in some trouble for doing this?
Nobody would give you a ticket for not having TPMS... but you wouldn't be able to sue the manufacturer for the accident, for obvious reasons. Plus, as stated, your insurance could deny payment if they find out you disabled TPMS... which they'd most likely would at the end. TPMS was mandated back in 2008 (IIRC) precisely to avoid those kinds of accidents, so it's the responsibility of the vehicle owner to keep the system operational.

OP
OP
98SnakeHorse

98SnakeHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Im not saying to just do this just because by any means. For those that race your car more often than not this may be a viable option for you.

mustang9946

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 and 2018 Mustang GT
I'm guessing this would be the most appropriate thread for this. For those that are constantly switching between your drag pack and street tires it can get a bit frustrating dealing with resetting the TPMS sensors. For me I just decided I don't require the tire pressure monitoring system.

To do this in Forscan is very simple..

1. Go to the chip icon
2. Click IPC Module Configuration
3. Scroll down to TPMS Gauge
4. Choose to edit setting
5. Choose Disable
6. Click Write to Vehicle

This will get rid of the TPMS gauge function and TPMS light.
This didn’t work for me. It says there are 2 places you have to change it and you need to edit the code. I tried the above and nothing changed. My TPMS still comes on. I need the actual code that you need to input on a 2018-2021 GT

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
The relearn tool is less than $15 from Amazon, takes less than 60 seconds to reset, just got to know the brake-start sequence.

MicksS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
MY2017 Mustang GT
The TPMS is a stupid bloody thing. I’ve used the reset function in the dash menu (Driver assist > Tyre pressure monitor > reset) to no avail. Tyres are at 40psi, and I can drive as far as I like - THIS time it won’t resolve.
And worse - tonight the tyre showing low pressure miraculously *swapped* from front right to front left!!!
I need to disable this stupid thing before it drives me (more) crazy….
I’m going to try what was suggested at the top of the thread and cross my fingers. Hard.
Sponsored