Sponsored

2018 Performance Pack - A big step BACKWARDS

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
See this pic, it specifically mentions cloth Recaros on the PP Level 2 and 301A.

So who knows what will come with the Premium. It would make sense if it was leather Recaros. But currently, the cloth Recaro option is MIA for 2018.

ETA: I guess there's the additional possibility that the 2018 Cloth Recaro isn't something we've seen before and is bespoke to the PP2 on both base and premium. Just idle speculation.
Seems odd that they would hold late availability for just some seats. As much as I would like it to be a 1LE type package at a 1LE price it seems unlikely since it would cannibalize existing PP sales.
Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Seems odd that they would hold late availability for just some seats. As much as I would like it to be a 1LE type package at a 1LE price it seems unlikely since it would cannibalize existing PP sales.
What makes you think the seats are the reason for late availability? I'm sure it's marketing as much as anything (they can debut PP Level 2 and whatever else once cars are out there on the lots and drive up interest.)

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
What makes you think the seats are the reason for late availability? I'm sure it's marketing as much as anything (they can debut PP Level 2 and whatever else once cars are out there on the lots and drive up interest.)
I don't, that was my point given the dearth of information on PP2.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
PP2 will have Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
PP2 will have Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires
Yes called it, finally got one right. Lol

Will it also be called a boss or mach1 and be a gt350 replacement?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
And then people will start bitching that they wear out too soon! ;)
Hahaha haha hahaha

Hopefully they will be able to accept the less extreme pp1, rather than complain about pp2.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Man a 100 pounds is alot on top of more brake, tire, wheel, active exhaust ect.

I have done the GT350R RSD, GT350R seats, pulled engine covers, sound tube, trunk junk, and trunk floor and I think I am at 70 -75 lbs saved.

I could get to 100 with new wheels and tires.

I feel like the package you mentioned is $7500. But it would whoop up on the 1LE.
1-piece aluminum driveshaft -20 lbs of rotational mass
better wheels -32 lbs of rotational mass
exhaust - 10-20 lbs

Sponsored

AGM2018

I think I know the answer to this question, before I ask it, however, I am going to ask it anyway. My question is this: did the PP for both the GT and EB increase in price for the 18 model year, with no apparent change in specifications/equipment upgrade from the 15-17 model years? I know there has been some discussion on the GT's PP, but I haven't seen any comments/discussion on the EB's PP for the 18 model year. BUT, from the specifications on the build an 18 Mustang website, I don't see ANY differences between the 18 model year PP and the 15-17 model years PP. Am I correct? Thanks for everyone's input.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I think I know the answer to this question, before I ask it, however, I am going to ask it anyway. My question is this: did the PP for both the GT and EB increase in price for the 18 model year, with no apparent change in specifications/equipment upgrade from the 15-17 model years? I know there has been some discussion on the GT's PP, but I haven't seen any comments/discussion on the EB's PP for the 18 model year. BUT, from the specifications on the build an 18 Mustang website, I don't see ANY differences between the 18 model year PP and the 15-17 model years PP. Am I correct? Thanks for everyone's input.
The GT PP is getting Michelin Pilot Sport 4S rubber, which is top of the line and a big improvement over the old Pirellis. It's also getting a wing (gack.)

From this article:

The GT Performance Package will also get Michelin's new Pilot Sport 4S tires, while the EcoBoost Performance Package sticks with Pirelli P Zeroes.

AGM2018

The GT PP is getting Michelin Pilot Sport 4S rubber, which is top of the line and a big improvement over the old Pirellis. It's also getting a wing (gack.)

From this article:
Thank you; I read that but, I forgot the GT was getting an upgrade in tires and the big ole' wing! BUT, aside from that (unless the the tuning on the package is different/more stiff), I can't find a change on the GT PP for 18, versus the 15-17 GT PP. And since the 18 EB is retaining the sub-par (in my opinion at least) Pirelli tires on the 18 EB PP, I see ZERO changes in the PP for 18, versus the 15-17 EB PP. I, like many other have noted, am at a loss to see why the 18 PP price increased as much as it did. I can see, perhaps, a $500.00 increase on the GT, for the improved Michelin tires and the wing, but what is different on the 18 EB PP to cause it to increase in price? The big ole' wing????:mad::confused:

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Thank you; I read that but, I forgot the GT was getting an upgrade in tires and the big ole' wing! BUT, aside from that (unless the the tuning on the package is different/more stiff), I can't find a change on the GT PP for 18, versus the 15-17 GT PP. And since the 18 EB is retaining the sub-par (in my opinion at least) Pirelli tires on the 18 EB PP, I see ZERO changes in the PP for 18, versus the 15-17 EB PP. I, like many other have noted, am at a loss to see why the 18 PP price increased as much as it did. I can see, perhaps, a $500.00 increase on the GT, for the improved Michelin tires and the wing, but what is different on the 18 EB PP to cause it to increase in price? The big ole' wing????:mad::confused:
You seem to have discovered the point of this thread.

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
For me the jump in price is $1500+ over what my 16 GT PP optioned for. Don't like the wing... the rubber is a sweet upgrade. Back in 16, I considered $2450 for the PP a great deal, and it was a big reason I went Mustang over the competition. With the base price and PP price increases, that incentive has been wiped clean.
Sponsored