Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I hope the dealer doesn't clean it for him, that's just asking for scratches.
Exactly why I requested that the dealer NOT touch the car... just get it off the truck and don't do ANYTHING else. I'll take it to a professional to get a detail, paint correction, and ceramic coat :D
Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly why I requested that the dealer NOT touch the car... just get it off the truck and don't do ANYTHING else. I'll take it to a professional to get a detail, paint correction, and ceramic coat :D
They aren't going to touch my car. My dad and I will wash it. And come Spring I'll take it to get PPF on it and a ceramic coat. I'm driving it across NC come May or June to see a friend. So I want it to be protected.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats. Does this mean COTUS checker is shutting down now? :cheers: :D
He wouldn't do that to us. He loves us to much :lol:

Jaggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2018 GT in Kona Blue
My car just moved to “in transit” today but the EDD slipped back 4 days, so I’ll be out of country when it gets here. Bugger.

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto
Omg...... my car left Flatrock this morning and I was at the dealer this afternoon when it arrived...... quick trip snow and all...... I pick it up tomorrow afternoon.....
Don, Same color as my 2015 GT. Best of luck with your new ride.

Donyw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Still nothing on cotus for mine. Ordered Dec 8th. Ford has the order. Still unscheduled clean. Hopefully next Friday there will be an update. Feeling for the auto dudes that have been waiting since August but cannot pick up their cars till the software repairs in mid Jan.

chunter415

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1, 2019 F150
Still nothing on cotus for mine. Ordered Dec 8th. Ford has the order. Still unscheduled clean. Hopefully next Friday there will be an update. Feeling for the auto dudes that have been waiting since August but cannot pick up their cars till the software repairs in mid Jan.
Are you talking about the rollaway potential issue? If so that recall is only affecting cars made till November 26, anything after that has the fix directly from the factory.

Source: https://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-recalls-2018-mustang-10-speed-automatic-transmission

why not

never fast enough
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt fastback (ordered 7/28/17)
My car just moved to “in transit” today but the EDD slipped back 4 days, so I’ll be out of country when it gets here. Bugger.
Mine is in transit and they added another7 days! I am really pissed! How can it take a month from production to delivery?

I placed my order in July when the order banks opened...6 months? Really?

This takes all of the fun out of it!:mad:

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is in transit and they added another7 days! I am really pissed! How can it take a month from production to delivery?

I placed my order in July when the order banks opened...6 months? Really?

This takes all of the fun out of it!:mad:
Mines still awaiting shipment. Hopefully, I'll see movement next week. Since I'm supposed to get it on January 9th.

There is a bad snow storm up there so that maybe why you got a delay.

Sponsored

why not

never fast enough
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt fastback (ordered 7/28/17)
There is a bad snow storm up there so that maybe why you got a delay.[/QUOTE]

7 More days? Unless the rail cars cannot move, I don't think its right!:crazy:

Hoping it arrives a few days sooner. Its sunny and warm here and I want to start driving!

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Ok some updates, good news and bad news. Bad news is, had an accident, good news is it was on the way there, and no one was injured, was coming off the ramp at pretty low speed but two wheels went on ice and two wheels went on snow and hit the guide rails on the side, long story short the Miata is on it's way to a body shop and estimate for a repair, those all season tires are just so slippery on ice. Anyways, mustang is still good, but I couldn't drive it back cause it's snowing again and summer tires will be even worse than all seasons, good thing I already have a set of snow tires mounted waiting at home. The mustang is pretty dirty right now since I requested no wash no anything, just pdi only, and I'm very pleased with the dealer following my request. I also contacted a transportation company who will ship the cat to me asap, probably next week since it's a weekend before New year's, don't expect anyone will be picking up new jobs right now.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
That sucks, but I'm glad you made it ok. If you were going to trade it sucks that will screw your deal up but if it were me I'd rather eat the loss now and start fresh than have a busted new car.

Sadly this is the exact scenario I'm concerned about for my delivery, Miata and all. :/ If push comes to shove I've got a set of snows for the Miata that I can put on to get it there. I bought those because I always found All Seasons to be terrifying on a Miata in Winter where with full snows they're actually quite fun in the snow. But there's still the problem of getting the Mustang home.

I wonder how long they'll let me stall on delivery if there's snow on the ground. :/

Off topic aside, I just noticed that you had a '16 Miata. Are you giving up the Miata for the Mustang and if so, why? I'm coming from a NC but passing on the ND for now out of disappointment over the colors, options, and lack of character in the engine.

I figure by the time I'm done with the EB Mustang I'll either want to move up to a GT or go back to a roadster. By that time the Skyactiv engine will feel revvy compared to the EB.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
The main reason I'm giving up the Miata was because I wanted something a little bigger. I still love the 16 Miata and imo it's the best one yet, but I often find myself in need of transporting more than one person and larger things, and I don't really want to handle two cars. Originally I was checking out the 2018 Subaru WRX STI, but the dealer I went to doesn't have one when I went to test drive, not even the 17 they said they had in the email, so I went to Ford and tested a 17 mustang gt and I loved it. I then went home did some research and learnt about the 18 so I decided to get the 18 instead. Oh and btw my Miata was one of the 1000 launch editions for the new ND .

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Dealer Discounts

I will be ordering a 2018 Mustang January 2018. MSRP to be: $53,555.00.
What dealer discount can I expect?
What is X Pricing?
I have never owned a Ford.
Sponsored