Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Just to clarify: Retail orders would start being manufactured on 10/123.
Hearing this makes me hope that my car will be built sometime in November! Fingers crossed! Maybe when my mom and I go to Disney (we leave Nov 14th) I'll get a call saying my car has a VIN and a build date! My car is a priority code 10! :D

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Hearing this makes me hope that my car will be built sometime in November! Fingers crossed! Maybe when my mom and I go to Disney (we leave Nov 14th) I'll get a call saying my car has a VIN and a build date! My car is a priority code 10! :D
I'm glad to hear that too. On the side note, priority code only makes a difference when you compare orders from the same dealership, it doesn't mean anything if you compare it with other dealerships.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
HANG ON !

Entaiiie, You may want to rethink jumping ship. If your order is ready to go when FORD blows the whistle all the ordered cars will be in production.

My last (3) ordered cars 2010 GT Vert., 2011 GT, and my last order 2015 GT NEVER took this long without some sort of feedback. For whatever reason this is the first time ordering has taken so long.

We, my friend, are in the same boat.

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
it's at least fun to commiserate together. I am not jumping ship, I am waiting it out, as I very much want the exact build I picked. I just wish they had some sort of tracking system that told you ANY sort of status. flying blind is no fun!

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is my first time custom ordering a car. Safe to say my next car won't be custom ordered. Mostly, because the next car I want takes about 6 months to get it built and get it to the US. And I plan on keeping the stang till I'm about 30.

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
We, my friend, are in the same boat.
:cheers:

8/3 Order here with no VIN but I do have the DORA

The majority of info I see from people here and other places put retail orders late October-Early November. I would bet any orders Pre-September are looking at a delivery date in 2017.

jimspang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible-Ruby Red
Sounds like a great plan. The last time that I saw 30 was forty years ago! I surely do like my cool, fast sports cars. Always have and always will.

billy396

2015 Ruby Red
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium FI Roush 670
After spending the last few days examining what I want out of my new 'Stang, I have made my decision on what model to purchase. Since I already have a dedicated and very reliable daily driver (2016 Nissan Maxima SR), my new 'Stang will primarily be utilized as a weekend boulevard cruiser, date night ride, for an occasional weekend trip and for as much safe/street legal spirited driving fun as possible. So, I chose the EB Premium with the following build specifications:

200A Package (Ebony Leather)
10 Speed Automatic Transmission
Performance Package (with spoiler delete)
Enhanced Security Package

I also strongly considered purchasing the base GT with the following build specifications:

301A
10 Speed Automatic Transmission
Performance Package (with spoiler delete)
Enhanced Security Package

For my intended use of my new 'Stang, the additional $7543 for the GT just doesn't seem worth it too me. Yes, I know the GT'S 5.0 Coyote is on another level than the EB'S turbo charged 2.3L engine...I know the sound of the exhaust note on the EB will never (despite what after market exhaust is attached to it) come close to the symphony produced by the Coyote's 5.0 engine. I also realize (and to be frank, this is the only issue that both worries and irritates me!) the EB will require an immediate upgrade on the factory intercooler and an upgrade to the stock tune when/if Ford Racing develops and sells an after market tune for the 18 EB (hopefully, FR won't take two years to develop one for the 18 EB'S!).

I don't ever intend to take my new 'Stang to the track, race it (street or drag strip); therefore, I believe upgrading the intercooler and the stock/factory tune will be all that is needed to enable the 18 EB 'Stang to well serve my intended purpose(s) for it. Now...if I can just decide on a color! I am debating between Ingot Silver, Ruby Red and Lightening Blue. I am, ever so slightly, leaning toward LB. Any thoughts, opinions and/or feedback on my choice of the EB over a base GT...and opinions on what color I should select? Thanks for all of your inputs and opinions!
If you get the Ruby Red you'll never regret it. I notice that many people are choosing the Orange Fury but I'm still thrilled with that Ruby Red after 2 years.

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Just checked Ford.com inventory where I ordered my EcoBoost Premium Convertible and I see it as Dealer Ordered. I sent a note to the Dealer to confirm that this one is my order. Suspect it is but would like an update. I ordered on 8/23 and was told to expect delivery in December. What I don't understand is why it shows in inventory? The 2016 MKX ordered at the same dealer never showed up as Dealer Ordered.....it just showed up at the dealer after a 3 month wait. Someday I'll figure out the ins/outs of ordering. Someday.

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just checked Ford.com inventory where I ordered my EcoBoost Premium Convertible and I see it as Dealer Ordered. I sent a note to the Dealer to confirm that this one is my order. Suspect it is but would like an update. I ordered on 8/23 and was told to expect delivery in December. What I don't understand is why it shows in inventory? The 2016 MKX ordered at the same dealer never showed up as Dealer Ordered.....it just showed up at the dealer after a 3 month wait. Someday I'll figure out the ins/outs of ordering. Someday.
Is yours a stock order?

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
I'm not sure how they put it in the system back in August. I just know that it's coming up in inventory as ordered while my Lincoln never showed. They've done something differently from that order and I don't know what that means. I was happy, suffice it to say, that I see the exact car I ordered on line. Now, if it would just get here!!!

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure how they put it in the system back in August. I just know that it's coming up in inventory as ordered while my Lincoln never showed. They've done something differently from that order and I don't know what that means. I was happy, suffice it to say, that I see the exact car I ordered on line. Now, if it would just get here!!!
They must have put it in as a stock vehicle. I think the cars are being held in QC.

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
They must have put it in as a stock vehicle. I think the cars are being held in QC.
Thank you for the insight. My Lincoln must have been handled differently. Hopefully the dealer will get me an update. I've already sold the car that the Mustang is replacing. So, sooner is better.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the insight. My Lincoln must have been handled differently. Hopefully the dealer will get me an update. I've already sold the car that the Mustang is replacing. So, sooner is better.
The only thing my dealer told me is it is unscheduled, clean. And the Ford Rep said I should receive it sometime in December. Never again!
Sponsored