Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
True love...lol. Can't wait for mine. Just moved to in transit today and edd moved up a few more days.
I called Ford CS line on the 15th and they said it was on a truck in SC and it would be delivered later than 2pm. I got the email from the Cotus Checker at like 1:45pm. And I was outside by the car when my salesman texted me saying it was here. Safe to say he was shocked.
I'm hoping to pick it up from getting Ceramic done on Monday! He got a new customer's car in. So I'm hoping he'll text me on Monday saying you can pick it up.
If he says it should be in the garage until it sets my dad's mustang can get kicked out of it for a couple of days! :)
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Going on 10 calendar days of “awaiting shipment” and EDD of 2/10 hasn’t budged, guess I won’t be getting my car early.

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
Going on 10 calendar days of “awaiting shipment” and EDD of 2/10 hasn’t budged, guess I won’t be getting my car early.
I’m really curious as to how they do everything.

Mine never had an “Awaiting shipment”, literally got made and next day said in transit.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I’m really curious as to how they do everything.

Mine never had an “Awaiting shipment”, literally got made and next day said in transit.
Mine was moved the day it finished production but the dealer said that it was in CSX's possession on the 30th or 31st. But at least I got my car and I'm super happy! I don't have it right now it's still getting ceramic coated :(

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
A little update on mine. Got the estimated delivery date ! :headbang:
Mustang Order.JPG

Sponsored

Sade2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge, 2016 Focus RS, On order 2018 GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Some progress for the German Orders...

rockflyersman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Can someone tell me what this means
“I found out the problem. There was no new allocation for the Mustang GT's but just got allocation for it which will have production in a couple of weeks”.
This is what I was told after bugging my salesman why I don’t have a VIN after almost 6 weeks.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Sounds like dishonesty. Dealers should always know their allocation amount. They took your order knowing they didn't have any available allocations and it looks like your order just went into processing. They should have been able to tell you that up front "we don't have any allocations left for this month but we will for XYZ"

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone tell me what this means
“I found out the problem. There was no new allocation for the Mustang GT's but just got allocation for it which will have production in a couple of weeks”.
This is what I was told after bugging my salesman why I don’t have a VIN after almost 6 weeks.
It means your dealership took your order when they didn’t have the go ahead from ford to purchase more.

Dealerships are allowed a specific number of orders, and yours didn’t have the slots required to fill yours, so you’ve been waiting for nothing and they will be putting the order through when they have the allocation available (which it sounds like they do now).

Sponsored

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Street
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)
Getting closer...Stopped by the dealer this morning to get a purchase order to go do my own financing. The dealer is going to match my CU APR, and get the paperwork done by Wed in order to get the additional $500 auto show rebate on top of the current $1500 rebate. I'm using the X-plan as well. Equally as exciting found at the car is at a local ramp already. They just need to get it trucked to the dealer lot.

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Street
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)
Auto show rebate?
Retail Customer Cash
Program #13152: Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 04/02/2018. See dealer for complete details.

Amount $1,500, Offer Valid 1/3/2018 - 4/2/2018

"Auto Show" Bonus Customer Cash
Program #13188: Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 01/31/2018. See dealer for complete details.

Amount $500, Offer Valid 1/18/2018 - 1/31/2018

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Huh, weird. That must be a regional thing. Also, they are going to let you lock that in even though it expires on the 31st? Mine told me I couldn't go in to do a buyer's order or finalize incentives until 2/1 (coincidentally the day after my $750 direct offer expires). Sounds like a bunch of shit to me, I fucking hate car dealerships.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Huh, weird. That must be a regional thing. Also, they are going to let you lock that in even though it expires on the 31st? Mine told me I couldn't go in to do a buyer's order or finalize incentives until 2/1 (coincidentally the day after my $750 direct offer expires). Sounds like a bunch of shit to me, I fucking hate car dealerships.
I think some dealers will let you complete the paperwork before the car is delivered in order to take advantage of incentives. I personally wouldn't do that because you never know what's gonna come off the truck.
Sponsored