mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Yeah, why on earth would you *want* an electric parking brake? A RWD car that can't J turn is just sad. :)
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Have confirmed that the GT350 will continue int MY18? Not the motor but the actual SUB MODEL of this Mustang derivative.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Nothing... Because I won't be ordering one and secretly hope they will end production of the GT350 with the '17 MY and put out something different. All of us that have one will benefit from them keeping production to a minimum but if they're profiting then I can understand why they would just keep riding the 350 train until it looses steam.

whatjones911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty Fast
Revised gear ratios so they are shorter. Shifting is half the fun and with the way it is geared now you can seriously stay in the same gear on some tracks except the straightaways.

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Sure, whatever, and some other third thing.

Who wants an electric parking brake... probably the lamest part of newer cars :shrug:

You don't need more low-end torque if you're in the right gear, which is the lowest possible gear :D

And a tall 6th is the only thing that doesnt make this thing a truck on gas.. not to mention 5th goes to 170, 0 need for an accelerating 6th gear.

Clutch spring is already light as F from the factory, they should make it stiffer like the Steeda spring does, or more similar to the Corvettes clutch which is heavy and very linear/easy to use.

Better audio system definitely would be a nice touch, as a premium standalone option perhaps

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If there's an '18 I would want..
  • Cheaper interior / fewer options
  • More power - at least 30 HP more than the current
  • Slightly lower gear ratio for 1st
  • Better ratio on 6th gear
  • It would be sweet if it were lighter
  • Lower price
  • Wider tires
I know we won't get that stuff, but I'd like it.

mrdigray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 - White Blue Stripes
- Accessible oil dipstick
- Oil separators as standard
- Wider gas pedal for those of us who are heel-toe challenged
- Switch the sides of the buttons on the steering wheel, mainly put the radio on left

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Unfortunately hydraulic steering is becoming extinct. If you think about it, it's kind of counterproductive to ask for 100-200lb weight reduction and more power, then add the weight of hyd steering. A pump, hoses, and cooler. Not to mention how much power is consumed by running a pump constantly when it's really not needed 95% of the time
I doubt there's much of a weight difference overall, since an EPAS rack & pinion unit with its bulky case containing a fairly powerful electric motor and some gearing is going to be considerably heavier than an HPAS r&p.

For a car intentionally tweaked in the road course track day direction, steering feel is more important to those drivers than however much power gets freed up by EPAS. You don't want the pull-drift and active nibble compensations that Ford has been programming into their EPAS units either. Calibrating EPAS for a semblance of feel is difficult enough without having those features thrown into the mix.

Electric parking brake
My wife's Subie has it. Needless complexity, no ability to modulate how firmly it gets applied, not useful for emergency braking . . . no, you really don't want this.

Norm
Sponsored