Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I ordered a 2017 R around June last year. It still has not arrived. I received a call from my dealer yesterday and I specifically asked my sales guy and an "expert" at the dealership who has direct communication to the Ford execs. I mentioned that I was not comfortable paying ADM if there will be an '18 GT350 or GT350R. He assured me that he knew for certain that there will be no '18 GT350. He also said that the voodoo will be used for the '19 or '20 GT500 and that the engine will be supercharged. That could explain the leak that the engine will continue to be produced.

I hope he is correct in all of what he told me!

Don't shoot the messenger - just passing on the info...(!)

I'd be very cautious.

Whilst there are no 100% guarantees, we've seen the following leaked info regarding the '18MY GT350 dealer program

attachment.png

Ford have also stated the Voodoo will only ever be used in the GT350. However, I would expect to see a cross plane crank version of the 5.2 (and therefore NOT Voodoo) used in the next halo-Stang.

:)
Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I need to know (officially, from Ford) if they will produce the 2018 BEFORE I pay for my car late March/early April as that will directly impact my negotiating power and overall cost. If we don't hear for certain, I may have them sign something stating that if 2018 is produced, I get $x returned to me.
That is simply NOT going to happen.
There will almost certainly be a 2018 and maybe a 2019, 2020....just depends on how demand continues.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I had another on order for 10k over. after I heard of the 18 coming I called the dealer and told them I cancel because there was an 18. They said that they are glad because they have had several others call for 20K over. I asked what about the 18, and they said they may charge 5 more for it. haha. I'd take the deal you currently have, could be worse.

czaustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manuals and DCT
Twin Turbo,
I believe I have seen that but do you know the source? thx. I will need that when I speak with my dealer about it again.

Sponsored

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
I ordered a 2017 R around June last year. It still has not arrived. I received a call from my dealer yesterday and I specifically asked my sales guy and an "expert" at the dealership who has direct communication to the Ford execs. I mentioned that I was not comfortable paying ADM if there will be an '18 GT350 or GT350R. He assured me that he knew for certain that there will be no '18 GT350. He also said that the voodoo will be used for the '19 or '20 GT500 and that the engine will be supercharged. That could explain the leak that the engine will continue to be produced.

I hope he is correct in all of what he told me!

Don't shoot the messenger - just passing on the info...(!)
Without official word from Ford, personally I would be hesitant to take the word of a dealership employee when they have a definite stake in you believing there will be no 2018 model.

I also have skin in this game. I have had an R on order since April 12th. However, I asked for a document stating the agreed upon price so that there would be no surprises or bargaining at the last minute, so I will honor the agreement even if the going rate for R models drops. However, even if there is a 2018 model, personally I can't imagine demand for the R decreasing enough to change the adm situation significantly given the lower production numbers. What WILL Change it is the next best thing, i.e. the next specialty mustang, be it GT500 or whichever.

czaustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manuals and DCT
Without official word from Ford, personally I would be hesitant to take the word of a dealership employee when they have a definite stake in you believing there will be no 2018 model.

I also have skin in this game. I have had an R on order since April 12th. However, I asked for a document stating the agreed upon price so that there would be no surprises or bargaining at the last minute, so I will honor the agreement even if the going rate for R models drops. However, even if there is a 2018 model, personally I can't imagine demand for the R decreasing enough to change the adm situation significantly given the lower production numbers. What WILL Change it is the next best thing, i.e. the next specialty mustang, be it GT500 or whichever.
Thanks for that. Yes I know - that is how I feel as well. If the car is as exciting as so many have said, I suppose it doesn't matter. I am simply wanting to get the best (fair) deal possible, and that would probably be used if I don't buy a new R.

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Twin Turbo,
I believe I have seen that but do you know the source? thx. I will need that when I speak with my dealer about it again.

Here's a video of me logged in for Ford, accessing the same PDF, and with a live link to fill out the Enrollment Form. Do you still need proof to believe? 2018 is happening, like it or not. ;)

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Thanks for that. Yes I know - that is how I feel as well. If the car is as exciting as so many have said, I suppose it doesn't matter. I am simply wanting to get the best (fair) deal possible, and that would probably be used if I don't buy a new R.
You ordered in June and still dont have it?!?! Are you sure they even had an allocation? It seems you gave them an interest free loan and they gave you a bunch of bullshit lies

czaustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manuals and DCT
You ordered in June and still dont have it?!?! Are you sure they even had an allocation? It seems you gave them an interest free loan and they gave you a bunch of bullshit lies
Loan? You can't get much interest for $5k. It will all work out - even if I don't get a GT350R. After all, its a car.

Sponsored

czaustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manuals and DCT

Here's a video of me logged in for Ford, accessing the same PDF, and with a live link to fill out the Enrollment Form. Do you still need proof to believe? 2018 is happening, like it or not. ;)
Thanks for that. Video doesn't load but I believe you. At this point, I am feeling good about the situation. If I walk, no biggie. I may have to wait to find what I want. I guess the sticking point with me is that Ford stated many times that the 350 would only be produced 2 years (except for the few 2015's).

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
hoping it makes getting a non r 350 much easier and more reasonable

OP
OP
Mystic_Cobra

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe

The majority of dealer "experts" have no idea what they are talking about. We've seen that in person and on forums for YEARS. I trust that memo WAY more than any dealer "expert". Based on that memo, it sounds like Ford will make a decision on whether or not to produce the 2018 GT350 based on how much interest they get from dealers. That decision will likely come the week after Feb 27 and it could be days or weeks before an official announcement is made.
Sponsored