corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Common sense with tell you the whole point of ACC Iris to adjust your speed with traffic. Only an idiot would completely trust it without being ready to intervene if required.
Good call. But sadly, those foolish things are not in short supply.

I still maintain that most people after using ACC for much of their driving won't be quite as good or quite as fast at doing the right thing(s) should they have to do so all on their own in a hurry. This isn't something the average driver is going to understand from his 2/10ths - 3/10ths driving or necessarily see at a mild-emergency 6/10ths level simply because at those levels there's normally enough margin left to cover for their skills becoming a bit dulled.

Serious question - does ACC reliably identify motorcyclists immediately ahead of you and maintain proper speed and distance to it, especially when there's only a single rider? I used to ride.

And FWIW, I don't like the way "dumb" CC drives even when there's no other traffic in sight. Making the CC smarter for when there actually is other traffic can't change that part. It doesn't take ACC experience to know this about oneself.

Norm
Sponsored