2018-2019 Active Exhaust tips

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
No! do not do that, you will fuck the tip clamping up. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.
I know. Just frustrated from recent dealings with the car and just not in the mood to deal with something so trivial as exhaust tips right now.
Sponsored

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
I originally tried the bolt on tips but one day on the motorway one of the tips came loose and it wasn't until I got home that I realized that it was just hanging limply at an extremely lame downwards angle. They otherwise did look good. I went out and bought weld on tips of which there is a bit of a variety available. Small cost for an exhaust shop to measure and cut off the OEM tips and weld these on.
PXL_20220214_012613323.jpg
PXL_20220214_012558609.jpg
PXL_20220214_012854985.jpg
Is this with active exhaust?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I know. Just frustrated from recent dealings with the car and just not in the mood to deal with something so trivial as exhaust tips right now.
Good to know, shit happens as to welding that would be the last option. Why because there is always that last tweak to get the alignment dialed in.

The one where you are staring at the car and notice they are not true.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

Sponsored

Sponsored

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! Happy to provide other pics and angles if it'll help your decision.

20230531_080039.jpg
Absolutely if you don’t mind. I’m curious to know how the tightening bolt looks with the black tips and if it’s very visible or not. Do you think that the new tips stick out much further than the stock tips? Thank you!

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely if you don’t mind. I’m curious to know how the tightening bolt looks with the black tips and if it’s very visible or not. Do you think that the new tips stick out much further than the stock tips? Thank you!
New tips stick out a couple inches further than stock (maybe two). That is a bit noticeable imo. Here's a closeup of the tip and bolt. I don't see them unless bending down to see.
IMG_20230530_125150_01.jpg

Last edited:

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
New tips stick out a couple inches further than stock. That is a bit noticeable imo. Here's a closeup of the tip and bolt.
IMG_20230530_125150_01.jpg
That’s not too bad imo. I’d expect it to be out a bit further but I didn’t want it to be obnoxiously long if that makes sense.

Did you end up having to use the wrap to get them snug? And one last question, do the tips have enough clearance between them so they’re not touching/rubbing?

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That’s not too bad imo. I’d expect it to be out a bit further but I didn’t want it to be obnoxiously long if that makes sense.

Did you end up having to use the wrap to get them snug? And one last question, do the tips have enough clearance between them so they’re not touching/rubbing?
I'll get pics of the gap when I get home. There's not a ton, but enough where I am not concerned of them hitting each other. Maybe a third inch. Did not end up using the wrap. Just need to position them correctly on the tips.

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'll get pics of the gap when I get home. There's not a ton, but enough where I am not concerned of them hitting each other. Maybe a half inch. Did not end up using the wrap. Just need to position them correctly on the tips.
Gotcha, that’s great to hear! And thank you for working to take some more pics. Definitely no rush. These look like a great alternative to having to replace the entire exhaust just to change out the tips.
Sponsored