Sponsored

2017 Shelby GTE Unveiled

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
I believe that anyone with a GT can have it "upgraded" to this. So, they may not be in the market for a new car, just a tuned car and they get to call it a Shelby.
Bingo.

Back when SAI was CONTRIBUTING to performance through offering some innovative stuff, there was real value there (and prior to the explosion of the internets / availability of aftermarket parts). Those folks will always be loyal to SAI for what they brought during those times.

But if you're a late term Gen Xer, Trans-millenial or millenial - you see right through what it all is.

And that's he ability to say "This is a Las Vegas Shelby". Not much value there really.

SAI has devolved into a very expensive bolt-on garage.

It's pretty and shiny. There are badges all over the place. Their marketing is slick. They have a club.

But buyer beware.
Sponsored

SPP Keith

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelby.com
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Manual
Keith - can you elaborate on this as an option item? Is this something Shelby America may offer in the aftermarket as well?

"Track ready cooling systems: engine, transmission, brakes and differential"
Hi Guys,
I apologize I was not in this thread sooner, we were running the launch until very early this morning in Indy. One of the points on this car is that 90% of the content will be available retail through our site and through our international mod shop network and WDs. I'll have a link for you guys in the next few days.
I don't know if I introduced myself in the other thread but I'm the Director of Shelby Performance Parts at Shelby American in Las Vegas. I also now project manage the future products coming out our of R&D department. I've been with the company just shy of 10 years and have been involved with manufactured products and parts for the 2007 and newer program vehicles through Shelby.
One of the most overlooked points with us is that we are only tied to Ford. Period. We operate in a close partnership with them and Ford Performance on almost everything we do. On the recieving end, the consumer see parts that (often) weve touched or have been part of the development process on in someone else's catalog. It's not fair (or cost effective) of us to ask a major manufacturer to hold exclusivity on a part I'm going to use on a limited run car, so we allow them to offer the components under their brand to the public. In some cases, we also see something we like and add it to the car's BOM.
The second most overlooked part is compliance. Our base cars and parts have to be CARB and EO certified. The have to pass smog everywhere (legally) and they do not interfere with the vehicles powertrain warranty offered by Ford.
Now to your question! I have both active and passive cooling systems for the GT350 that have been in testing and some are modular to the GTs, Ecoboost and even the V6s. Current in-cars are differential (active), manual transmission (GT & GT350 active and passive) and oil (active and passive). We're just about to release the passive parts and packages and were still experimenting with quieter versions of the active systems. The ones that have passed durability and destruction are LOUD!
At the end of the day, this car is the most affordable mustang we've ever offered post -title and were one of the few licensed manufacturers that can say our cars are worth more when the leave the building then what our customers pay for them. I understand the complete vehicle may not be for everyone but I'm here to also offer the parts and answer questions. I'm not always on the forums but can always be reached by email [email protected].
Thanks again!
:cheers:

SPP Keith

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelby.com
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
On another note, I loved Carroll and was lucky enough to know him when he was alive. Although you're never prepared, his passing was not unexpected. Carroll lived much longer than he thought he would and even joked about it. He was clear on his wishes for the company's future and were carrying those out. You may not like some of the decisions the company has made since his passing but they are by design. Thanks for all the enthusiasm and support.

Last edited:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
You may not like some of the decisions the company has made since his passing but they are by design. Thanks for all the enthusiasm and support.

well if the prices weren't so far out in left field it would be different and people wouldn't be like WTF ?!!? all the time at the pricing.... i mean the super snake is pretty badass(especially the competition orange one at mustang week this year) but I can build pretty much the same exact car minus all the carbon fiber trim pieces for like 30k less and not have to ship a car to nevada to get aftermarket added to it.

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
you could do so much better with $17,000 allocated the right way toward a base GT...trust me!

Sponsored

SPP Keith

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelby.com
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
well if the prices weren't so far out in left field it would be different and people wouldn't be like WTF ?!!? all the time at the pricing.... i mean the super snake is pretty badass(especially the competition orange one at mustang week this year) but I can build pretty much the same exact car minus all the carbon fiber trim pieces for like 30k less and not have to ship a car to nevada to get aftermarket added to it.
We could build a car for less but would lack almost all required compliance for Ford approval. One of the benefits of our close partnership is that Ford also finances 75% of our conversions through Ford Motor Credit. As a company, I have no interest in competing with online retailers or being the low price leader. We never have and it's simply not our market, as several others are very good at it. Again, I understand that this car isn't for everyone and it may be hard for the DIY'er to see the value past the sum of the highlight options you have seen published. Thanks!

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
Shelby packages aren't for the shadetree wrench turners. Yes, you can get 95% of what they are providing for cheaper in the aftermarket and then install them yourself (because having a shop do it is going to make it more expensive very fast), but that's not the point. Not everyone out there wants to save a few bucks by turning their own wrenches, and for those people a Shelby or Roush package makes a lot of sense.

And, for those people, the Shelby name will carry a lot of weight and will be worth whatever extra is paid.

So no, to most of the people on forums like this, the Shelby packages aren't going to make sense. But I guarantee there's still a market out there for them, otherwise they wouldn't bother making them.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
We could build a car for less but would lack almost all required compliance for Ford approval. One of the benefits of our close partnership is that Ford also finances 75% of our conversions through Ford Motor Credit. As a company, I have no interest in competing with online retailers or being the low price leader. We never have and it's simply not our market, as several others are very good at it. Again, I understand that this car isn't for everyone and it may be hard for the DIY'er to see the value past the sum of the highlight options you have seen published. Thanks!
then why not offer cars that don't need ford's stamp of approval when someone buys a car and has to bring it to shelby? i mean why does it matter for their approval after customer has already bought the car? it still has a gt vin number too right?

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
what does the E stand for?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
then why not offer cars that don't need ford's stamp of approval when someone buys a car and has to bring it to shelby? i mean why does it matter for their approval after customer has already bought the car? it still has a gt vin number too right?
Without Fords approval you can't get Ford financing, with Ford approval you can finance the mods. A good way to sell more cars especially for those who aren't as mechanically skilled, smart.

Sponsored

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
It is less about the mods and the cost they want to charge from the factory and more about how gawdy they look in doing it.

They are not an improvement in the looks department regardless of if the part is carbon fiber or not.

Ford's GT350 hits the styling out of the park. It is what the mustang should have looked like in the first place. I will take "getting rid of the Fusion/Focus styling line look from grill to mirror for 500 Alex".

As opposed to just trying to put lame Super Snake hood on or tacking on vents on a stock hood.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Without Fords approval you can't get Ford financing, with Ford approval you can finance the mods. A good way to sell more cars especially for those who aren't as mechanically skilled, smart.
ok but i'd rather pay thousands upon thousands less and I MEAN THOUSANDS less for a super snake and not have ford as a lender. they aren't the only lender out there. or are we saying noone else will finance the car? I don't see it any different than roush. you don't have to get ford's financing for a roush car.

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Shelby packages aren't for the shadetree wrench turners. Yes, you can get 95% of what they are providing for cheaper in the aftermarket and then install them yourself (because having a shop do it is going to make it more expensive very fast), but that's not the point. Not everyone out there wants to save a few bucks by turning their own wrenches, and for those people a Shelby or Roush package makes a lot of sense.

And, for those people, the Shelby name will carry a lot of weight and will be worth whatever extra is paid.

So no, to most of the people on forums like this, the Shelby packages aren't going to make sense. But I guarantee there's still a market out there for them, otherwise they wouldn't bother making them.
That's just pointing out the obvious, no? Of course they will sell these packages. Of course doing the labor yourself makes modifications cheaper. Of course paying a shop to do that labor for you is more expensive (but this is a different level of more expensive.) Relying on the blind "it has a Shelby sticker on it, just take my wallet" mentality for sales is ridiculous. The word Mustang goes hand in hand with bang-for-buck, stuff like this just turns me off. :cheers:

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I like the idea of fords and governmental standards applied. I think this is a pretty good package that is a "Shelby". I don't have a problem with this, even like it, even soncidering it. Folks don't work for nothing either.

TungstenGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Fastback, Manual, PP, DIB
Digging it!

I like it. It would be tough to find a better looking, cheaper Shelby. It will be a hit at car shows. Plus, it's a ticket into SAAC, which is made up of a lot of great guys and a lot of fun events. Might be time to talk to my money manager, aka the misses.
Sponsored