Chris R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford GT Premium
Hey guys,

As the thread says, I just ordered a 2016 White GT Premium and I should be getting it in about 4-6 weeks. I want to go ahead and maybe purchase a few things before the car gets here. I'm thinking just exhaust, wheels, and lowering springs. I have a few things in mind, but wanted to get some opinions. Also, if there are other inexpensive ($500-600) modifications anyone would suggest, please, don't hesitate!

Exhaust: MBRP Street
I see that this is a popular exhaust system, and I have to admit, it is a lot cheaper than another system. So I think I'm going to purchase the MBRP's (unless anyone has something they would like to suggest that is around that price range). Now, I have one question, should I get the black or silver/aluminum system? I plan on getting black rims on my car, but wanted to see what others think. Anyone have any pictures of the black on a white mustang?

Wheels: Niche Essen?
Looking for some black rims, anyone have any suggestions? Also, it sounds like 275/35/20's are a good fit after lowering it about an inch. Not sure if I should keep the same size all around, or have some stupid wide 305's in the back (would be nice to have, but realistic?).

Lowering springs: Eibach Pro kit
I have these on my 2005 mustang and they have been great with no problems going on about 8 years. Lowered it a little more than an inch, which is exactly what I am looking for. But I've been out of the game for a while and not sure if they are other options that may be better.

Any help would be great guys. I'm trying to find as many pictures as I can to compare how each set up may look...but want to do this right. I'm new to the forums, so I going to be going through all the topics to see if I can gather my ideas. I apologize if there has already been a conversation about what I've been talking about (saw some threads about the exhaust choices).

I appreciate it everyone!
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
305s in the back. don't go 275 on rear...!

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Staggered wheels are getting kind of meh to me. I've had 17x10.5 (315) and 17x9 (255) wheels and tires on my car for about 8 years now, sucks not being able to rotate anything, and if one of my front tires were to go flat, I'd be SOL because a 17x10.5" wheel won't work in the front, and my spare wheel won't clear the 13" front brakes.

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
I have the Niche GT5's (20x10) and the Eibach Pro Kit springs (1"). I run 275/35's on the front and 305/35's on the rear. The rears look like they want to rub, but they don't. But next set I'll go 305/30 to buy a bit more clearance.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Good choices the MBRP street is great exhaust for the $ and no drone. I have the pro-kit and its a nice drop and handles much better. Hit up vendors for the MBRP they can give you a great deal!

OP
OP

Chris R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford GT Premium
Thanks for the reply guys. What do you think about going with the black exhausts over the aluminum or vice versa?

275's all around seem like the more cost-effective way to go, although, I would like those wide tires in the back. Sorry for my stupidity, but would 20x10's fit nicely with 275's and 305's (it looks like Armen did that, correct?)?

Great looking car Armen!

Last edited:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
wouldn't make sense to run 20x10 all around but put 305s in rear imo. either 20x9 to 9.5 up front and 20x10 to 11 in rear. visit the wheel section everything you need to know there.

it just depends if you want staggered or not.

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
I'd get the under hood K brace, redline elite hood struts, ford racing Strut brace as well.

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
Sorry for my stupidity, but would 20x10's fit nicely with 275's and 305's (it looks like Armen did that, correct?)?

Great looking car Armen!
Thanks and that's exactly what I did... 20x10 all around (from CJ Pony Parts as a set) and then just staggered the tires. Mickey Thompson Sport Comps - the fronts new and the rears used. Both those sizes work fine with the 10" width, with the 275's at the low range for fit and 305's at the high range. Matching wheel width to tire size is optimum (so a 9.5" for the front's 275's) because there's no point in running more unsprung weight than you need to. But really, I'm not racing the car on a track everyday so I'm not worried about the minimal extra weight. It also lets me move up in tire size for the fronts if I so wish.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Chris R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford GT Premium
Ok, thanks for the information Armen. I'm going to have to visit the wheels section on the forums to see what is the optimal tire size for the 20x9 and 20x10 sizes. I want the ability to move up to 305's in the back in case I change my mind to have the staggered set up, but I would like all my tires be the same for when I first purchase them (275's all around).

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
If your car is gonna be a daily driver and you'll need to be rotating the tires, running a squared set is prolly gonna be a more realistic option for you. But if it's a summer (are you guys always summer in Atlanta? lol) toy, then I'd really consider running a staggered set with a wider tire and/or wheel combo on the rear. The look is just killer and worth it.

OP
OP

Chris R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford GT Premium
If your car is a daily driver and you'll need to be rotating the tires, running a squared set is prolly gonna be a more realistic option for you. But if it's a summer (are you guys always summer in Atlanta? lol) toy, then I'd really consider running a staggered set with a wider tire and/or wheel combo on the rear. The look is just killer and worth it.
Oh God no, it gets pretty cold here, and at times, it ices. We don't get winters like you, but it's not like it's Florida, ha.

Yeah, I was thinking that way as well, and it is a daily driver. I have the squared set on my mustang now, and I don't mind it...but that look is unbeatable with the wide tires in the back.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Nice car, nice color. My black MBRP Street exhaust is on its way, so I like that call, too. I am not a big Eibach fan, and would steer you to the progressive Steeda springs. Ask Todd15Fastback about those and other Steeda goodies. Wheels? You have more money than I do, LOL. I agree with the sentiments around here. Staggered looks killer, square setup with 285s is more practical; YMMV.

Only thing I would add is a set of camber/castor plates from Maximum Motorsport, so you can correct camber after you drop the car. You will not regret that, and the MM stuff is first rate. I have spent a lot of money there through the years.

OP
OP

Chris R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford GT Premium
Nice car, nice color. My black MBRP Street exhaust is on its way, so I like that call, too. I am not a big Eibach fan, and would steer you to the progressive Steeda springs. Ask Todd15Fastback about those and other Steeda goodies. Wheels? You have more money than I do, LOL. I agree with the sentiments around here. Staggered looks killer, square setup with 285s is more practical; YMMV.

Only thing I would add is a set of camber/castor plates from Maximum Motorsport, so you can correct camber after you drop the car. You will not regret that, and the MM stuff is first rate. I have spent a lot of money there through the years.
Thanks for your input. When are you going to have the MBRP's in your hands and installed? Really interested in seeing how the black looks on the white car with black rims.

Why do you suggest Steeda over Eibach? I've had the Eibach Pro-kit on my current 05 mustang for about 7-8 years and I have had no problems.

I was just in the wheels section on the forums, and nobody said anything about caster and camber plates being installed (maybe should have went to the suspension page). Can the alignment not be corrected with the stock suspension with the new wheels and lowering springs?
Sponsored