Sponsored

2016 Shelby GT350/GT350R Media Drives & Reviews (CHECK FIRST POST)

jcartwright734

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dream car
That was painful to watch. How did they pick people to drive these? Clearly has never driven on a track before.
You would think auto bloggers/journalist would take a few days to go to Skip Barber (shrugs). I would at least want to know how to drive the cars I am reviewing, in a safe but unrestrained manner.
Sponsored

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
I don't understand how a guy who writes for a tech site can't figure out how to get his video to flip so that the image isn't mirrored like that. It's distracting to see him on the wrong side of the car. :)

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
who cares about the video..

low 1.30's is incredible at LS, some truly rare company. depending on how low could it have bested the GT3? :hail:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
^Amen. I just focused on the car, the sound, etc.... don't give a crap nor waste time about criticizing the driver.

Love the sound. Love the high strung rev capabilities... love the way it winds up and looks natural on the track. Just be glad at least there are vids like this and there will be more from other media folks.

I can't wait to track mine! :)

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Im not endorsing driving crazy, but really? Shutting down Laguna Seca is not going to stop driving like this period....:crazy: This crap will always be happening..somewhere and sometime regardless..
Bad behavior around the track will ultimately be attributed to the track. If these GT350s weren't at the track, said idiots would not have been in one nor even near the premises to act stupidly. So yes, this specific instance is directly attributable and many others too.

This is a thing --> https://www.bing.com/search?q=highway+68+coalition They're a very vocal minority, but that's all it takes to affect change in small towns. They're don't care if people drive poorly elsewhere, they just don't want it in their sleepy beach community. Also, noise.

I want LS to last forever, but sooner or later, somebody is going to ruin it for everybody.

Sponsored

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
I'm with everyone else here; I want to see this car driven by someone who knows how to drive!

The hype machine is in full effect here. And this video was like getting your hopes up for the smoking hottie who left out the bathroom window at closing time and you're left going home with the troll left at the bar with 3 teeth and bad gas.

... not that I would know anything about that.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You would think auto bloggers/journalist would take a few days to go to Skip Barber (shrugs). I would at least want to know how to drive the cars I am reviewing, in a safe but unrestrained manner.
That's the thing, most that the magazines or reputable publications would send to this event are half decent drivers with some track experience. He wasn't even scratching the surface of the car's capability and clearly was just so worked up by the experience that he totally forgets to shift up several times and was white knuckling it.

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
^Amen. I just focused on the car, the sound, etc.... don't give a crap nor waste time about criticizing the driver.

Love the sound. Love the high strung rev capabilities... love the way it winds up and looks natural on the track. Just be glad at least there are vids like this and there will be more from other media folks.

I can't wait to track mine! :)
yep rather see a bad driver in there than no video at all. tho i wouldnt mind if randy pobst wants to show us how it's done!

MotorJoe

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB S550 GT Auto
Puzzy driver, she's afraid of the go pedal...

She better not post a lame drive like that !

MotorJoe

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB S550 GT Auto
Also the 350R has BIG brakes, they are meant to be used and abused, puzzy boy.

Sponsored

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
These videos are such a tease!

Again, it would be nice to see someone with track experience driving this car...it was pretty painful to watch, but truth be told...it does say something about the car.

His painful attempts at downshifting (in the middle of some corners, yet!) with little to no rev-match showed how capable that chassis is. The car looked rock solid. I'd love to see someone drive the tires off that thing in anger.

Going to be some awesome videos up soon. Hopefully MT does a video on their experience with it...kind of like Randy did in Germany with the GT3 RS.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
yep rather see a bad driver in there than no video at all. tho i wouldnt mind if randy pobst wants to show us how it's done!
Plus if you guys recall, a 2014 Z/28 with Randy fast lapped LS in 1:37.82.... low 1:30s easily annhilates that time. Impressive for a pony car. :thumbsup:

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Plus if you guys recall, a 2014 Z/28 with Randy fast lapped LS in 1:37.82.... low 1:30s easily annhilates that time. Impressive for a pony car. :thumbsup:
\

What are you quoting there...the 'low 1:30s'?

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I've been sim racing for so many years on lazer scanned tracks after watching those videos I feel like I've been there and already know all that haha. I was like yep brake there, down shift there, accel there. literally no different since lazer scanned tracks are accurate. crazy...

but I am super jealous for one that I'll never get to drive on that track in RL but also that I prob won't get to ever drive gt350r either lol. damn gt350/350r's are just so badass.
Sponsored